Rocktron Chameleon 2000 multi effects preamp + Midi Xchange

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Mark Cohen

Rocktron Chameleon 2000 multi effects preamp + Midi Xchange

Post by Mark Cohen »

The Chameleon is a great sounding 24 bit DSP professional guitar preamp. Complete programmability and full MIDI implementation, with a simple user friendly interface.

For me, it is a rare unit in that it sounds terrific with both pedal steel and conventional guitar.

Features:
  • Speaker Simulation provides realistic approximation of a miked speaker cabinet at line-level for direct mixer input or headphone listening.

Full parametric Pre and Post EQ gives the user complete EQ control over each preset.

The HUSH Noise Reduction provides noise reduction while playing and complete silence when not. In my experience, it works extremely well. As it happens, hum and hiss are a pet peeve of mine, and the HUSH system was one of the main reasons I got this unit in the first place.

"Variac" Simulation, like a conventional Variac, adjusts the level at which the preamp begins to distort. This provides more gain in high-gain applications, and allows for full-bodied cleaner presets which just begin to distort when the strings are attacked harder.

Internal Wah-Wah allows the player to use an expression pedal for Wah-Wah effects instead of running long audio cables out to a conventional Wah-Wah pedal.

High-quality Digital Effects, including:

Reverb, Phasing, Tremolo, Flanging, Pitch Shifting, Compression, Chorus and Delay.
$125 buys the Rocktron. (priced well. See: http://www.prepal.com/data/Rocktron.htm)

I also have the MidiXchange interface unit (+$50) which allows both remote program switching and the hookup of a continuous controller. For the steel guitar, that makes a great and silent volume control interface. See: http://www.9mileguitar.com/product.sc?productId=16.

Last edited by Mark Cohen on 24 Mar 2011 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Cohen
Mark Cohen

Rocktron Chameleon 2000 - photos posted

Post by Mark Cohen »

New photos of actual unit.
Mark Cohen
wjpauly

Post by wjpauly »

It appears the connector sockets on the backside are (from right to left) midi in-out, power, A & B TRS-style outputs. One would need a TRS to XLR adapter for the XLR outputs you referred to?

Thnx,
Wayne
Mark Cohen

Correction

Post by Mark Cohen »

Thanks Wayne. That was sloppy of me. Yes, that is correct. I'll fix the original posting.
Mark Cohen