Medicare Steel Jam

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Charlie Moore

Medicare Steel Jam

Post by Charlie Moore »

Ok the date for the Medicare Steel Jam is Set sunday June 27th 1pm till.....our featured player will be Pee Wee Whitewing,Ron Preston will try to contact Wayne Cox a monster player,we will feature him as well! also we'll serve food and drink's as well.....we have a schedule started so let me know and we'll put you on,the event will be at Woodworth,La.community center,Woodworth is on hwy 165 10 miles south of Alexandria,please email me if you can come,all player's are invited,....cya soon Charlie......<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Charlie Moore on 28 May 2004 at 06:43 PM.]</p></FONT>
Charlie Moore

Post by Charlie Moore »

BUMP,ok La. player's where you at,got some good picker's lined up........
Charlie..................
Roland Buras
Location: Kiln, MS, 45 miles east of New Orleans off I-10 USA

Post by Roland Buras »

Hey Charlie sounds like a good show.. I have never heard johnny cox play that would be a treat for me. I will try to make it over. We have out june 5th steel show here in Gulfport next saturday. Cowboy Eddie Long will be with us try to make it if you can.

R J Buras
RON PRESTON

Post by RON PRESTON »

Mr. Charlie...
I am going to call 'Ol Wayne RIGHT NOW. Sorry I haven't called him yet.
Got TOO MANY STRINGS and PEDALS and KNEE LEVERS I'm STILL trying to Figure out. LOL
justa kidding. I HAVE been VERY BUSY the last week or so. Sorry
I'll Email you SOON and have Wayne Email or call you as well. See You on th 27th.
Looking forward to a GREAT TIME. Image

------------------
Emmons S-10 4 & 5
Evans FET 500, Session 400 LTD, ProFex 11
Pookie Anselmi

Post by Pookie Anselmi »

Hey Charlie, is there a Woodworth exit from I-49? I'd be headed north on I-49 from south Louisiana.

Thanks

Pookie
Charlie Moore

Post by Charlie Moore »

Yes Pookie,it is exit 73 off I49,the road is under construction,and WATCH your speed in woodworth,pookie when you cross the rr tracks it'son your right,.....thx
cya Charlie.......
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Charlie....If I wasn't on the road with my job (driving the bus for the Preservation Hall Jazz Band) I would be there for sure. I preached a couple of revivals there in Woodworth in the 80's. Good luck with the "Jam". maybe I can be at the next one. HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10,(8 & 6) Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, Rack w/Evans Pre-amp, Lexicon MPX500; (2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & a Sound Tech 802 Digital Power Amp.

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Hal Higgins on 06 June 2004 at 10:23 AM.]</p></FONT>
Charlie Moore

Post by Charlie Moore »

Hal,hate you can't make it, would loved to have you,but i understand,we'll be thinking of you.....cya later my friend...
Charlie......
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Thanks Charlie.....maybe next time....if my schedule will permit it.....y'all have a goodn'..........HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10,(8 & 6) Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, Rack w/Evans Pre-amp, Lexicon MPX500; (2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & a Sound Tech 802 Digital Power Amp.

Billy Henderson

Post by Billy Henderson »

I am looking forward to the show, bringing my buddy Elvin Painsley. Also have a cajun friend around Cottonport, hope to see him while I'm there, if he is not in jail! When you get a list of players would you please post it? Thanks
Charlie Moore

Post by Charlie Moore »

Bill, i emailed you,we've got some good picker's coming,,gonna have a time,as they say farther south,gonna pass a good time yea,cya there...........Charlie.........
Billy Henderson

Meant to ask are there motels close by?
Charlie Moore

Post by Charlie Moore »

Yes Bill,Alexandria is only 10 miles north of woodworth it has several motel's,we have confirmed more great player's such as Lamar Posey,Ken Rutledge great singer and bass player,hoping some of the Lake Charles guy's come too...........cya soon,...
Charlie..............
Charlie Moore

Post by Charlie Moore »

Ok Louisiana steel player's time for us to be heard,don't forget the FREE jam this month,need some more player's for the schedule,email me or call 318-442-5735or318-767-8811 thanx Charlie..........
Lavelle Pierce

Post by Lavelle Pierce »

charles i will be there . i am coming in friday at hueys. lets have a good show. see you .
Billy Henderson

Forgot to ask the price of admission? Do I get a discount with my medicare card? Elvin Painsley's coming with me, he's is good with the spoons (I am pretty good with a fork).<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Billy Henderson on 22 June 2004 at 09:31 AM.]</p></FONT>
Charlie Moore

Post by Charlie Moore »

Lovelle glad you are coming GREAT,Bill get this it's FREE....how bout that....cya there.
Charlie....................
Daniel Kirk

Post by Daniel Kirk »

charlie-

great event yesterday...super players and just nice people. thanks so much for your efforts.

dan kirk
dkk6@hotmail.com
Billy Henderson

Good folks, good food and good music!!
Milton Guilbeau

Post by Milton Guilbeau »

Charlie, Do you have a list of the featured players in the order of their respective sets? Also, I am a little confused with some of the great 'backup' guys. Did you have two Busters? Is it one Buster as a first name and one as the last name? (Fiddler / Guitarist)

Great enjoyment for all...and...all for free! Thanks to you and your assistants. Us Cajuns had a ball in Central LoUiSiAna.

------------------
"One never retires from music, any more than one retires from breathing."
Marty Broussard

Post by Marty Broussard »

Hey Charlie, I apologize for not making the event. I've heard from Milton and Tootie that it was a hoot. I explained to Milton why I didn't come...won't bore the rest of the world with it. HOW ABOUT TOOTIE SERICE'S PLAYING?! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL THE WORLD ABOUT HIM FOR YEARS. I GUARANTEE YOU HE'LL SOUND BETTER NEXT YEAR. He's one of the best friends I've ever had and I wouldn't know the little I know about steel if it hadn't been for him. I had the honor(and lucky circumstances) to thank him on the newly released CD with Wayne Toups for all of his help/support throughout the years. And, his singing is first rate! I'll say again, he'll sound even better next year and I hope I'm there to hear it. Take care and best regards, Marty Broussard
Charlie Moore

Post by Charlie Moore »

Mr. Milton,it was one buster on the comode seat guitar and Huey Buxston on fiddle,i'll post all the player's wed. nite on this subject,and by the way we are going to send the forum a donation cause as you know the keep us the steel alive,...cya soon ,,
Charlie...........
Charlie Moore

Post by Charlie Moore »

Well Marty i hate you missed it too maybe next time,yes you are so right Tootie is a MONSTER PLAYER,smooth as silk tone GREAT,nice guy on top of it all,he's the only one that don't know that,everybody said who was THAT,ha i said my buddy tootie,...enough said.....cya soon marty...
Charlie..........