New Video for You Tube by Paul & Robin Evans "Faded

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Paul Evans

New Video for You Tube by Paul & Robin Evans "Faded

Post by Paul Evans »

Hi Folks, I am back again with another posting on You Tube with my son Robin on fiddle. It is always a pleasure to record a song that has a lot of meaning and this song fits that bill. Faded Love has long been a favorite of myself and Robin and we hope you all enjoy our redition of this country classic. Robin is now 15 and I am so proud of him as he plays his fiddle. Some folks have asked what make of fiddle he plays and it is a Guanerius (copy) and I found that it has great tone and he plays it with a lot of heart. I play a Fulawka Steel made here in Canada by the fine craftsman - Eddie Fulawka. I would also like to thank Warren Boswell, and my wife, Linda, for helping in the production of this video. Thanks and God bless.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV8pz3uKd1Q
Matthew Warman

Post by Matthew Warman »

Hi Paul (and Robin) really nice, enjoyed your take on Faded Love as much as your last musical posting. Is Robin getting any closer to doing any singing yet? nice looking steel you have, what material is the fretboard made of? looking forward to more-:)
Paul Evans

Post by Paul Evans »

Hi Matthew, Thanks for dropping by. I hope some of the other steeler friends will come by to have a listen. It is always nice to hear from them. Robin is working on some singing but not quite ready yet. His Mom is a great gospel singer and it does run in the family. The fret board on the steel is birdseye maple. Thanks again and have a great day.
Dennis Saydak

Post by Dennis Saydak »

Just beautiful you guys! There's lots of heart & soul in your playing, for sure.
Dennis
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race, the rats get faster.
Carol Anne Bell-Smith

Re: New Video for You Tube by Paul & Robin Evans...

Post by Carol Anne Bell-Smith »

Paul Evans wrote:Hi Folks, I am back again with another posting on You Tube with my son Robin on fiddle. It is always a pleasure to record a song that has a lot of meaning and this song fits that bill. Faded Love has long been a favorite of myself and Robin and we hope you all enjoy our redition of this country classic. Robin is now 15 and I am so proud of him as he plays his fiddle. Some folks have asked what make of fiddle he plays and it is a Guanerius (copy) and I found that it has great tone and he plays it with a lot of heart. I play a Fulawka Steel made here in Canada by the fine craftsman - Eddie Fulawka. I would also like to thank Warren Boswell, and my wife, Linda, for helping in the production of this video. Thanks and God bless.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV8pz3uKd1Q

Lovely rendition
Duesenburg Alamo (Blondie)
Rogue
Oscar Schmidt Electric Autoharp
Oscar Schmidt Accoustic Autoharp
Fender Acoustasonic 100 Amp