a Practice steel

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Ripperden

a Practice steel

Post by Bob Ripperden »

Hi, I saw a Practice steel on a web page... was maybe 18" long with 10 strings and about 3 frets. It is only to practice on finger picking. It sells for $40.00...I would to buy one but I can't remember which steel guitar co. made it. :oops: Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Bob
Rain (The Spirit) SD-10 E9th 4 and 6. Three Fender Princeton 112s, one Peavey Duce ,two strats, Three Teles, one Applause , One 335 style Washburn, two Guitargans and lots of video and recording stuff.
Cal Sharp

Post by Cal Sharp »

Mike Cass makes some pretty nice ones. Don't know how much they are.
C#
Me: Steel Guitar Madness
Latest ebook: Steel Guitar Insanity
Custom Made Covers for Steel Guitars & Amps at Sharp Covers Nashville
Ned McIntosh

Post by Ned McIntosh »

BSG make one, the call it a practice-board, it's on the BSG steel guitars website, http://bsgsteelguitars.com/
The steel guitar is a hard mistress. She will obsess you, bemuse and bewitch you. She will dash your hopes on what seems to be whim, only to tease you into renewing the relationship once more so she can do it to you all over again...and yet, if you somehow manage to touch her in that certain magic way, she will yield up a sound which has so much soul, raw emotion and heartfelt depth to it that she will pierce you to the very core of your being.
Eldon Cangas

Post by Eldon Cangas »

How many folks out there use one, I see some value in some situations. How is it tuned-to your basic tuning??
Clark Doughty

practice steel guitars

Post by Clark Doughty »

I called Mike Cass and he says he hasn't made them in years. Said something aoubt George Boards taking over what he had been making. The only one I can find is the one refered to made by BSG........If anyone finds something else I would be interested.......cd