Post Your Holiday Tunes!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

scott murray

Post Your Holiday Tunes!

Post by scott murray »

Christmas Time Is Here

some very amateur C6 playing by yours truly. has anyone else attempted this one on steel?

hoping others will add to this thread. happy holidays!
1965 Emmons S-10, 3x5 • Emmons LLIII D-10, 10x12 • JCH D-10, 10x12 • Beard MA-8 • Oahu Tonemaster
Otis Dillon

Great !

Post by Otis Dillon »

Hey Scott I had never heard that one played on the steel. You did a great and I enjoyed it very much!

One note of humor. As I was listening it reminded me of my younger days as a kid when Christmas time came around, it was not Christmas until we watched Charlie Brown Christmas and I was expecting Snoopy and the gang to come on the video to decorate the lonely littl Christmas Tree Ha Ha..

It was really a great piece played very well, I have been blessed to hear your arrangement of Christmas Time Is Here. Keep up the great work..

Merry Christmas to you Scott and Family.. :D
John H. McGlothlin

Post by John H. McGlothlin »

Excellent job Scott I really enjoyed that. Here is my version of LThe Christmas Song on the C6 tuning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wmr1xAealQ
Marlen SD 10 3 and 5,Fender 5 String Banjo, Flinthill 5 string banjo,Johnson Resonator Guitar, Ibanez AFS75T Country/Jazz Guitar.
Tim Sergent

Post by Tim Sergent »

The only problem I see is that you're sitting on the wrong side of the guitar! :lol: ....just kidding. Nice job with those "adult" chords.