Alumitone Pick-ups For MSA Millennium

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Duane Dunard

Alumitone Pick-ups For MSA Millennium

Post by Duane Dunard »

Like new, chrome Alumitone pick-ups, mounted for MSA Millennium, Legend, or Studio-Pro model guitars. $406.00 postage included. Duane's Music 636)528-4307 website www.duanesmusic.com
Morton Kellas

Post by Morton Kellas »

How would these pickups differ as far as sound characteristics from tone aligners with the exception of the individual pole adjustments. I know they are both very good pickups.
Duane Dunard

Post by Duane Dunard »

Morton, OK, both brands are great pick-ups. You can re-EQ your amp to obtain many differn't sounds, but my Tone-Aleigners sound more like a single coil that I'm use to hearing. The Alumitones have a great reputation. You can do a Forum search and read the reviews. I simply prefer the ToneAleigners for my personal sound.
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Im using an Alumitone on my G2s now...Love'em
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Bill Joerger

Alumitones

Post by Bill Joerger »

I put Alumitones on a GFI D-10 keyless that I sold some time ago. They were a great improvement over the humbuckers that originally came with the guitar.
Gibson Hound Dog, Aria Pro II Bass, Tatey Classic guitar, Peavey Basic 112 Bass amp.
Steve Alcott

Post by Steve Alcott »

I have Alumitones in my Williams S12 and my Millennium-they sound great on both.
Bruce Tull

Post by Bruce Tull »

Do the cartridges on these work on an old Sierra?
Duane Dunard

Post by Duane Dunard »

Bruce, they only fit MSA guitars.
Bruce Tull

Post by Bruce Tull »

Thanks, Duane! Jim Palenscar is sending me a Sierra P/U sled, so I'll either successfully install a Tru-Tone, or order an Alumitone....
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

I have been a hard core single coil guy forever. I was hesitant to try the Alumitone as I had tried all the others, GL, BL and Tone AlignersI . But reluctantly I gave the Alumitones a shot mow I'm hooked. Can't even go back to single coils. Wish I had then in all my guitars. I'm building a wood neck SD10 Legend and it will have an Alunitone. My two cents. Don't like the Tone Aliners at all.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Roger Francis

Post by Roger Francis »

What Johnny said!!!!
Bryan Daste

Post by Bryan Daste »

Does anyone have sound samples, or links to sound samples, that compare the Alumitones to Tone Aligners and/or other pickups?
Bob Simons

Post by Bob Simons »

I was dedicated to Trutone single coils until I heard the alumitone. I now have both configured for my MSA M3 and once I A/B'd them, it was alumitone forever after! At first I would pop in the single coil for raunchier blues tunes, but frankly the alumitone sounds good in every context I've used it.
Zumsteel U12 8-5, MSA M3 U12 9-7, MSA SS 10-string, 1930 National Resonophonic, Telonics Combo, Webb 614e, Fender Steel King, Mesa Boogie T-Verb.