Hello from another newbie

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

William Parsons

Hello from another newbie

Post by William Parsons »

I have been lurking for years, and finally decided to jump aboard and say howdy. I have been a guitar player for years, but the steel is something I have only been enjoying for about five years. I started with a quick lesson from Herb Remington, bought some of his tab, and have been progressing (slowly) ever since. I also have built a few steel guitars, a 6 string console and a six string lap that I like playing. I have an old Supro Student Deluxe that I like for the tone.

I also play a little pedal steel, and have an old Blanton that I got from my neighbor in Texas and have been lugging around ever since. I tore it completely down and rebuilt it about a year ago. It has four pedals and one knee lever.

Anyway, that's a little about me. I have enjoyed the information here immensely, and my main reason for joining is to say thanks for all of the info that you guys are always more than willing to share to make the steel guitar keep singing...
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Hi William and welcome to the Forum. This place is a gold mine of information and there's plenty of good folks that'll share what information they have. Have fun with your steel. :)
Tom Pettingill

Post by Tom Pettingill »

Hey William, Welcome ... glad you came in out of the cold :D
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Hi William and welcome aboard. I hope someday every steel guitarist comes out of the shadows and joins the forum.
William Parsons

Post by William Parsons »

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad to be able to post now....and no doubt will have questions too. I love all of the links you guys post to the YouTube videos that you do. I'm a better learner when I can see what I am listening too, and know what is happening to make the sound. Keep it up!
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

Welcome, William. Feel free to ask questions - that's how we all learn!
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
Alexa Gomez

Welcome!

Post by Alexa Gomez »

Hello William. Sort of new here myself and these are such a great bunch of guys at the Steel Without Pedals forum (shouldn't we be Steel and those other guys Steel with Pedals? ), so quick to offer advice, answers, and what not. Welcome! :D
Sister Alexa>SX Lap Pro>Rocktron Surf Tremolo>Pignose 7-100.

www.youtube.com/sisteralexa