A shout Out to Mickey Adams

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Allen Erven

A shout Out to Mickey Adams

Post by Allen Erven »

A SHOUT OUT TO MICKEY ADAMS! I ordered my Mullen R.P. D-10 (black of course), thu Mickey. He kept me informed all during the manufacture as well as the pre and post delivery. I was always able to reach him by phone if he was flying a jet at 30,000 feet or on vaction in Fl.I don,t what phone system he has, but it sure works good! If your like me, waiting on a new steel is like a 4 year old, the night before Xmas. Again Thanks Mickey!! Kudos!! out to Mike Mantey at Mullen, for the superb guitar he built for me. These guys never get the credit they deserve!!
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Mickey's an awesome dude! I've never dealt with him personally but his YouTube videos have given me many hours of enjoyment and helped me to learn more about pedal steel guitar than I could've on my own. Thanks Mickey and keep up the wonderful work you do for us steelers. :D
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Mickey's da man!! Always there to serve you and take care of your smallest needs.
I also want to add that Mickey is the foremost Youtube pedal steel instructor, having put up countless teaching videos.
Let's treat our most valuable steel resource with the respect due to him.
Bob Ripperden

mickey

Post by Bob Ripperden »

For those who don't know, Mickey is also a great guitarist, I mean really great!
Bob
Tim Heidner

Post by Tim Heidner »

His video showed me how to play that B lick in I Sang Dixie when I was stuck. I still can't play it worth a durn, but at least now I know how it's supposed to be done. :lol:
That Mullen of his is really sounding great these days, too. 8)
Joe Cook

Post by Joe Cook »

Hi all, this is my first post here. I've been lurking for quite a while, just soaking up as much as I can. I'm new to the PSG as a serious student. I've been in a lot of bar bands over 30 years, played six string for a long time, and upright bass for the past 6 years. Pedal steel has always been the instrument that gives me goosebumps when I hear it. Anyway, I have never seen a community of musicians who are so willing to share info as the pedal steel players. I have been learning so much from Mickey Adams' lessons that I think I'm ready to take the next step up to a pro level guitar. I've got a MSA Red Baron right now. Thanks Mickey for making it easier for me. I think I'd like a Mullen if I could sound like him!
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Every morning I log on here to the Forum I find SOMETHING To smile about...today was no different...Al we are very happy that you chose a new Mullen Guitar. If you EVER have any questions, Im here to help you anytime..
As for all of you that post here, and spend time with me on Youtube...I have got some new things coming soon!...Peace to all!!!....And a GRACIOUS thanks!!
Im flying off to Kerrville TX this morning to meet with a fellow forumite, and spend the weekend teaching and playing...Pics to come!...Mick in Dallas
Last edited by Mickey Adams on 20 Aug 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Fred Rogan

Vestavia

Post by Fred Rogan »

Mickey
If you ever get back to Vestavia, it'd be great to meet you and see if I could score a personal PSG lesson. Thanks for all the YouTube material.
Show Pro SD10 guitars
Milkman Amps
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:D Just thought I'd say howdy to Mickey, and thank him (again) for the great you tube lessons and inspiration, of which he seems to be a boundless source of. THANKS Mickey ,in Bent's words....u da man ....Stormy :D
Elton Smith

Post by Elton Smith »

I'll trupp that!
Gibson Les Paul
Reverend Avenger
Paul Reed Smith
Fender Telecaster
MSA S10 Classic
ShoBud
Old Peavy Amps
Ron Davis
Location: Lake Arrowhead, California... We're a mile high. ;)

Post by Ron Davis »

I'm a newb, & have started watching Mickey's You Tube stuff.
What a great help. I'm actually learnin' stuff. lol...!
Hope to come watch ya play next time I'm out there in cow country. :)
Thanx, Mick!!!