Lexington Show, Oct. 31-Nov. 1

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Fred Layman

Lexington Show, Oct. 31-Nov. 1

Post by Fred Layman »

The Lexington show will be Halloween weekend, Friday evening 7:00 to Midnight +, Saturday 9:00 AM to ca. 6:00 PM +. For reservations at Kentucky Inn, call 1-800-221-6652 and identify with the show to get the $50 + tax rate. If you don't make clear that you are reserving for the show, they will tell you that they have no rooms. But,if you are coming, you should reserve soon because we sell out the hotel each year and October 17th is the cut-off date when room are no longer blocked for us.

Confirmed players are: Chuck Back, Billy Birchfield, Ron Browning, Tom Brumley, Jim Cohen, Jack Heern, John Heinrich, Kenn Holycross, John Hughey, Greg Jones, Chuck Rich, Kenn Rollans, Hal Rugg, DeWitt Scott, Boogie Sherrard, Mike Sigler, Bob Strum, Mike Sweeney, Herby Wallace, and Joe Wright.
(Changes in the lineup,due to unforseen circumstances, may occur anytime down to show time). <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Fred Layman on 15 September 2003 at 08:24 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bob Strum

Post by Bob Strum »

Fred, thanks so much for your hard work to make such a great show. This is always a time to hear and see your idols up close and in person. Jack don't get too close!! See you all there, Bob
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Fred puts on a first class show. I hope y'all will be there.

Mike
Ed Naylor

Post by Ed Naylor »

I always look forward to the Lexington show. I will have my display room as I have in years gone by. I will have on display and let you play the "WORLDS UGLYIST GUITAR" as was noted on the forum. I am refering to the "FIBERGLASS PEDESONIC" I built in1968. I have many unusual guitars in my collection and will bring some if enough people want to come by and play an old Multi-Chord etc. any suggestions?? Ed Naylor Steel Guitar Works.
B. Greg Jones

Post by B. Greg Jones »

Looking forward to this show!! It is always a good one!! Stop by and say "hello", I will have a table there with some ZB's.

Greg
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

I've heard great things about this show for years and am delighted to be playing it this year. Fred, thanks so much for inviting me! Since it's on Halloween, shouldn't we propose that all players appear in costume? Maybe I'll come as Smiley Roberts. Image
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Fred we have our room for both days , and i am looking forward to the show. we live in Columbus Ohio. do you have directions to the show ? Thanks Gary.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Count me in, my room is reserved.

------------------
Rick Johnson
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

Mike, I hope to meet you and hear you play this year. I missed you last year by only attending Saturday's portion of the show.

Jim, I'm delighted to get to hear you play again. I'll see you there.

I'm working on some of the "uninitiated" to get them to this show.

------------------
HagFan

Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

I'm going to say the same thing I said last year at this time, Fred Layman puts on a great show, go if you can!

bobbeseymour
Fred Layman

Post by Fred Layman »

Fellas, thanks for the favorable comments. If any of you are not on our mailing list and are interested in coming, email me your mailing address and I will send you a brochure on players, location, times, admission, and directions.
David Decker

Post by David Decker »

^
Ronald Riddle

Post by Ronald Riddle »

A FINE SHOW ALWAYS

Ron Riddle

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Fred where is this Lexington Kentucky or is it in TN??? and some Directions will also help.
Sam White
Neil Hilton

Post by Neil Hilton »

Sam - this will be held at the Kentucky Inn, southwest of downtown Lexington a couple of miles on South Broadway - specifically just off the corner of Broadway and Waller Avenue, across the street from Saint Joseph Hospital.
Lawrence Sullivan

Post by Lawrence Sullivan »

Any suggestions for alternative motels nearby, with reasonable rates, as I called the Kentucky Inn today and they wouldn't give me a reservation there? I know there is a Holliday Inn and others off exits of I 75
Larry
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Larry, try The Springs Motel just up the street....a mile or 2 from the Ky Inn.
Bobby Bowman

Post by Bobby Bowman »

Fred,
Something is wrong with my computer and I cannot send you an Email by clicking on your link. It freezes up my computer. However, if you would shoot me an email I can get through that way. I need to talk to you about a matter.
Thanks,
BB

------------------
If you play 'em, play 'em good!
If you build 'em, build 'em good!

Lawrence Sullivan

Post by Lawrence Sullivan »

Thanks Jerry for the motel info I am #2 in comand here and if #1 tells me we are going for sure I will be checking it out
Larry
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Two weeks away! Lookin' forward!
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hey Mike Sweeney, Jim Cohen,Bob Strum,And Bobbe Seymour I will see all you guys there in Lexington.It will be great to see the big boys play there toys.
Sam White
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Comin' up THIS weekend! All right!
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

There is a "Indian Summer" forecast
for the Lexington area during the
show. Temps may reach mid 70's.

------------------
Rick Johnson
Roy Ayres

Post by Roy Ayres »

WOW! What a lineup. I spent 15 years around that part of the planet; wish I could be there to hear some of my biggest heros.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Tomorrow night! Well, all right! It'll be my first time in the great state of Kentucky. Am looking forward to it! Hopefully giant solar flares don't cause steel guitars to detune! Image