Stroboflip question

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Richard Sinkler

Stroboflip question

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Has anyone encountered the following:

My fairly new Stroboflip tuner, tonight, started displaying the E strings on my guitar with the little triangle pointing up that is supposed to mean the note is way flat, even though they sounded in tune. I chased this for a couple of hours before I determined I was in tune and the tuner was displaying this in error. I could tune the string all the way to an Eb or F and the triangle was still there when tuning back to an E. I never had this problem when my VSAM tuner was working. :evil: :evil: :evil: :( :(
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Billy Murdoch

Post by Billy Murdoch »

Can't say I have noticed this on My tuner Richard.
Was the strobe rolling or stationary? That is what I look at when tuning.If it is rolling down,You are flat,if rolling upward You are sharp.
I guess You already know this.
Best regards
Billy
Michael Eastman

Post by Michael Eastman »

Richard,

There are usually 2 places you'll see the ^. The one to the left of the strobe indicates sharp/flat. The other denotes that you are at "High E". This arrow is next to the "E" note designation. As long as the strobe is flat, you should be good.
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

The strobes functioned correctly. I need to re-read the manual. I forgot about which arrow meant what. I was seeing the arrow to the right of the note name. If it means high E, why was it also showing when I was tuning my 8th string E? And, I have never seen it appear before. I've had the tuner for a month or so, so I just need to get used to it.

Thanks for the info.

This could probably get locked up now.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Lynn Oliver

Post by Lynn Oliver »

Sometimes it will lock onto an overtone rather than the fundamental, so that is probably why it displays the high E arrow.
Tim Heidner

Post by Tim Heidner »

What do the little numbers next to the note mean? Couldn't find anything abut it in the manual...
Lynn Oliver

Post by Lynn Oliver »

That's the octave number from scientific pitch notation. The lowest C on a piano is C1, the next is C2 and so on. The lowest note on a guitar is E2 and the open first string is E3.