Got dang

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brandon Wright

Got dang

Post by Brandon Wright »

this guy gets rowdy. I just came across this dude on youtube. Joe Wright.

This guy has some serious tricks up his sleeve. Like the bar pull off pinky tap harmonics. It's just crazy. I've never seen a lot of stuff this guy does before. Thought ya'll might enjoy it

You gotta love them ugly faces too. I guess if shredin the steel don't make you make an ugly face. Then something ain't right. hahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov3ZFoE- ... re=related
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Joe is a true entertainer. His steel playing expertise combined with his quick wit is an awesome combination. If you haven't seen him in person, you have missed a real treat.
David Griffin

Post by David Griffin »

He's got a smokin' version of "Takin' Care of Bizness" on his website,too.Check it out.I love it!
Roger Francis

Post by Roger Francis »

I've seen him a few times at the SLSGC, he is very entertaining and has some great rock licks to go along with his great steel playing, a very talented player.
Clete Ritta

Post by Clete Ritta »

I enjoy his playing a lot as well. I haven't seen him live yet, but look forward to it.
Two trademark things he does that always make me chuckle are when he puts his left elbow up and rests his chin on his fist and looks around with a bored look while wailing away on the open strings, and when he completely lets go of the bar and lets it roll downhill on its own, sometimes pointing at it, and stops it on the next chord to continue playing. Great showmanship!

Clete
Joe Miraglia

Post by Joe Miraglia »

Does anyone know what effect box or effect units Joe mainly uses ?