Steel repair NEW PICTURES

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Bill Howard

Steel repair NEW PICTURES

Post by Bill Howard »

I'm a retired machinist/Automatic Transmission Rebuilder I have modified and repaired Steel Guitars starting in 1980 when I got my first Fender Sho Bud.
i recently got an emmons off of the forum and as good as it was it needed a lot of work underneath.
I will post pictures soon of what I done to it.
I changed pulls& straightened them I'm not even finished yet I have this thing playing like butter.
I'm working on some ideas for emmons that can also be used on other guitars. L shaped pulls cannot pull straight. I have areally nice lathe and other fabrication equipment I would like to repair Pedal Steels,Set them to your liking without costing an arm&leg make them play better and stay in tune. Install knee levers, change copedants etc. I will donate to the Forum a percentage of any thing I charge. I will guarantee all of my work with a money back if not happy policy. I love these things and understand them really well. I will be posting some pictures soon Thank You Bill Howard
Last edited by Bill Howard on 12 Sep 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Clover

knee levers

Post by David Clover »

i have a fender 1000 could you make me some knee levers? let me know {it's a cable guitar} thanks dave...
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Bill, that sounds like a real good deal! If you can rebuild automatic transmissions, certainly you could get any steel up and running.

I'd really like to see a steel creation of your very own.

Make sure you let people know on the builders forum as well. The link is below.
Tommy Sullivan

ShoBud

Post by Tommy Sullivan »

I have a s10 that might like to meet you. So keep us in mind. Tommy
Bill Howard

Pictures soon

Post by Bill Howard »

I'm going to post pictures of my emmons I have totally converted the E-9th neck to ball links they GLIDE this thing plays so easy it is like playing a franklin no kidding it is also a LOT quieter the pull rods were replaced with 1/8 rods instead of 7/64" that was used on LL2 old P pulls had 1/8 Rods.
The Ball links are nylon so it quiets down the noise from the Pull rods,My wife Loves it I can play with head phones while She watches TV no more annoying rods banging and clanging like most steels do. Here is my Ball Links these are not the heavy duty ones I used these are identical but a lot lighter than the ones I used. the bolt goes on Bell crank female threads into pull rod
NO MORE WORN out Bell cranks pulling sideways no more lost motion,Pulls totally straight!