Peavey LTD 400 ( older style chrome knobs) f/s reduced price

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
James Morehead

Peavey LTD 400 ( older style chrome knobs) f/s reduced price

Post by James Morehead »

This is one of the best sounding LTD 400's I've heard. The reverb sounds BETTER than I've ever heard in a Peavey amp. Woody Woodel has reconed this speaker and identified this JBL as a K130-4 ohm, that was common when amps like the Session 400 and the LTD 400 first appeared on the market in the early '70's. JBL made speakers for Peavey to put their signature label on. Soon after, of course, Peavey developed the Black Widow. Many of us still feel the JBL in the earlier Session 400 and LTD 400 were the better sounding speaker, barre-none. THIS JBL speaker sounds WONDERFUL, and no wonder, Woody Woodel is legendary in JBL speaker reconing. Well, he's only been reconing since 1948, so no wonder. And this speaker is extrememly clean.

It's time to thin my amp herd a little--my Twin and my Vibrosonic win out. $450 + shipping, or $275 + shipping and I keep the speaker.

Last edited by James Morehead on 6 May 2010 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
J. Dean Mooney

LTD Amp

Post by J. Dean Mooney »

James do you know how much the Amp weighs? Let me know as I might be interested in it. Thanks J.Dean
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Mr. Mooney, It weighs 55lbs. approx with the JBL in it. I can meet you in Fort Smith if you like, flip me a little gas money. shoot me an email if you like, :)
shobud@windstream.net
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Reduced $50.
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

James how far to Dallas from you?...Mick
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Hi Mickey, Seems the amp may be sold, pending payment.