Scotty Has Jerry's Biography

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jack Byrd

Scotty Has Jerry's Biography

Post by Jack Byrd »

Scotty's Music now has copies of Jerry's Book and they can be ordered directly from him now. I received my copy form Jerry last Monday and have read it through. Very entertaining and even I learned some things about my brother I didn't know. I think all will enjoy it and it will become a keepsake for all of his many fans. Jerrys is not selling the book directly. He will autograph it if after you buy and send it to him in a padded envelope with a postage prepaid padded envelop to return it to you included.

Ed Webster

Post by Ed Webster »

Just ordered mine yesterday. Wish I had known it was at Scottys, but I ordered it from the publisher.
Been a JB fan over 50 years and can hardly wait to read this. Are there ANY other steel autobiographies out there? by any of the other well known steelers? Can't think of any offhand.
Jim Vogan

Post by Jim Vogan »

Mine came in the mail today! Lots of nice pictures, including one of my friend and teacher, Ron Dearth.

------------------
Jim Vogan GFI Ultra SD10
G.D. Walker Stereo Steel Combo
Bakelite Ric
Hilton volume pedal

Jack Byrd

Post by Jack Byrd »

Just a bump.
Ed Webster

Post by Ed Webster »

Got my copy yesterday and read it right away. Very intersting history of the instrument and this spectacular artist! You ever wonder how we got our tunings? Its here...plus his accounts working with some of the very top names in country and pop singers. A very interesting read....would recommend it to every steeler.
Rick Collins

Post by Rick Collins »

My copies came from Scotty's Music yesterday. A "young" Jerry Byrd is pictured on the cover, in a very tasteful pose with his seven string. Not only is he a terrific steel guitarist; he was quite a handsome dude in his prime. Image

The discography is quite revealing. I did not expect it to be so expansive.

I have a nice personal letter that he sent to me, professionally framed and hanging on the wall of my music room.

His focus and creativity in his career would be impressive to anyone;...it sure is to me.

Rick <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Rick Collins on 15 May 2003 at 12:10 PM.]</p></FONT>