Bud Roundfront S-10 $750

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Bob Carlucci

Bud Roundfront S-10 $750

Post by Bob Carlucci »

This guitar was sold, and is on the way back.. Evidently my very lengthy and in depth description did NOT go far enough... It plays well, sounds incredible, but needs a proper setup for the rack and barrel system.. I had trouble keeping the A and B pedals in tune long enough for my liking, and described it in detail.
It has a few body issues.. The apron was loose on one side and has been glued and screwed by me from underneath, and the holes filled with wood filler.. I have seen this on many old Buds.. I thought it was an acceptable repair, but I was told I ruined the body by doing so. It looked good to me. I dunno...

There is a small crack from the endplate into the body that wasn't there when it left here.. Can't say whats up with that really/
Otherwise, its a nice little vintage Bud.. It played as well as my Carter when it left here, and sounded magnificent.

I have lost a MINT on this steel, having to pay shipping BOTH ways, and I am tired of it.. Its happened twice before to instruments in excellent condition I sold here, and I have lost hundreds.. The reason I KNOW they were excellent is because subsequent buyers from this forum have told me so, and they were glad to get these instruments others sent back as ""damaged""...

Anyway, back to this Bud.. I am taking 2 levers off, the pots out, and 2 of the 5 pedals off, .. It will be sold as a 3+2... $750 takes it... I REALLY don't want to ship this again, and would rather sell with local pickup, but figured I would try here first before Craigslist... I would also accept partial trades on it, but really need to recoup some of the money I have lost...
Once its out of here, I don't want to see or hear about it again, so I would REALLY prefer someone to come look it over with extreme care, play it for an hour and THEN make a decision... I doubt any forumites live close enough, but its worth a shot.. VERY few pro model vintage Buds out there for $750.. bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Don Binkley

Sho-Bud

Post by Don Binkley »

Are you also interested in selling off the parts that you've removed[?
Fender Champ, Gibson BR-9, Sho-Bud, MSA Classic
Bob Carlucci

Re: Sho-Bud

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Don Binkley wrote:Are you also interested in selling off the parts that you've removed[?
Yes, but not until the steel is back here, and I decide which way to go with it.. I will be selling 2 levers, 2 pedals, some rack and barrel pull parts,,
A lot depends on which steel I find.. I am now looking for a restored Bud with a NON Sho Bud modern pull system, and may keep the 2 extra pedals, as I just bought them before sending the guitar out. At this point, the guitar is being sold as a 3+2.... bob

Dennis Brown

Sho Bud

Post by Dennis Brown »

Hello Bob. Sent ya a email. Thanks
Daniel J. Cormier

Hey Bob

Post by Daniel J. Cormier »

Is this guitar Rack & Barrel. Check your email
Daniel J. Cormier
Rittenberry with Tone to the bone,profex or tubefex and what ever amp, hilton pedal, BJS bars. Email at kajunsteelman@yahoo.com.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

I have decided to try and sell this locally, so any prospective buyers will be able to see, hear, smell, taste, feel and examine this guitar including a rectal and pap smear.
It will be set up, well lit, and hopefully played at length by the next owner.

To everyone that has emailed, for right now, its posted here on the outside chance a forumite will be able to see it and play it in person ...
if not, someone around here is getting a really good deal. I just placed it on Craigslist.
I will have to see it close up again and play it a few hours, and take several high detail pictures before I try to ship it again..
As a matter of fact, I doubt I'll ever ship another vintage steel to a forumite unless its in dead mint/new condition. Its just too easy to get embroiled in arguments on exactly what constitutes "good" "poor" "used" "abused" "project" whatever.

If it doesn't sell locally, I may post it again here.. not sure.
Right now, I won't sell it unless the person sees and plays it at length.
So yes, its still for sale, and forumites are welcome to check it out, but no shipping..
bob

Dennis Brown

Post by Dennis Brown »

Count me out of this mess Bob. :?
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Dennis Brown wrote:Count me out of this mess Bob. :?
You haven't read the post... Everyone that wants me to ship this guitar is "out of this mess".. Its posted here for the benefit of those that will come see, play and appreciate it in person.. I will never again lose $150 in shipping fees so someone can have a look at a guitar that had every wart described, and then decides they didn't want the guitar because it wasn't in mint condition... Thats the 3rd time that has happened to me on this forum. I try and go out of my way, to UNDER state the condition of what I sell .

Someone is going to get a great deal on a nice old Bud, but they will need to make sure its up to their condition standards

Dennis Brown

count me out

Post by Dennis Brown »

Bob, I read your post, I offered to pay half of your shipping and all shipping expense on the trade Item. Not everyone is out to hurt ya. BUT, like I said, count ME out. Theres no need to carry it any further. I respect your position. Dennis
Doug Seymour

Post by Doug Seymour »

Bob......call me @ 716-338-8641 if you would like to & we'll see what we can do with this neat steel! Doug Seymour, Jamestown NY
Benjamin Rhoads

Post by Benjamin Rhoads »

bob i left you a message tuesday bright and early, please get back to me one way or the other, i'd like to drive up from philly to check it out this weekend if you're around. (215) 758-7336.