Shot's Dobro on Display

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Mike Jones

Shot's Dobro on Display

Post by Mike Jones »

I read in the Tennessean yesterday that the CMA has a new Exhibit at the SunTrust Bank on 17th Ave, The exhibit features Bill Boyd's 1932 Martin OO-42, Shot Jackson 1974 Sho-Bro, Juice Newtons 1984 red Washburn Monterey Artist, Jimmy Walkey's 1941 Gibson J-200, Johnny Westerns 1953 Gibson J-200 And Lulu Belle Wiseman's 1945 Martin D-28.
Ric Nelson

Post by Ric Nelson »

That's good news about Shot's ShoBro. Do they have any information about him with the ShoBro, like a photo or bio?
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

That's all well & good BUT,that was NOT the original agreement. It was supposed to be on display at the CMHOF,not some bank building, where you can't go to see it on a Sat. or Sun.,when most tourists are in town. I have some very old Country Music shows,on transcription,that I was considering to donate to HOF,but now,I wouldn't give them the sweat off my back!(or anywhere else,for that matter.) I'm still "teed-off" about this matter! Image Image Image<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Smiley Roberts on 12 March 2003 at 10:58 AM.]</p></FONT>
Terry Miller

Post by Terry Miller »

I agree with you Smiley, we were all lead to believe that Shot's Sho-Bro would be on permenant display at the HOF. Just how interested are they in telling people and showing people the true history of country music. It's a real shame that an organization of this nature can not be trusted to keep thier word. Terry
Tommy Minniear

Post by Tommy Minniear »

How and why would it end up in a bank? This makes absolutely no sense when you think about it. This is sad!
Fact is: when you donate or give someone something, it becomes their possession to do with as they please.
It's too bad this institution doesn't see fit to place Shot's Dobro where it deservedly belongs: on permanent display at the Country Music Hall Of Fame.

------------------
Tommy Minniear
www.ntsga.com