SD-10 Marrs ShoBud - SOLD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Dave Sharp

SD-10 Marrs ShoBud - SOLD

Post by Dave Sharp »

I've owned this guitar almost three years and have probably played it less than 25 hours -- maybe when I retire in 15 years I'll try pedal steel again! Here's the description from the original add:

"Originally a D-10 Professional, this guitar was converted to a SD-10 3x5 by Duane Marrs in '03. Marrs undercarriage installed and body refinished by A.J. Nelson. Emmons setup, new ozite case & fretboard. Original ShoBud pickup. Two small dings on the front apron which can be seen in the pictures. Two holes in the RKR lever where a flag was once installed and since removed; otherwise, in great cosmetic shape. This guitar has been played very little since the rebuild."

Asking what I paid: $1,750.00 plus shipping. If you have questions or want more pictures, please let me know. Thanks!

Original add with more pictures is here:
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... ight=marrs

Last edited by Dave Sharp on 7 Jan 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Boyd

Post by Chris Boyd »

What a beauty...and a great deal too... :D
Dave Sharp

Post by Dave Sharp »

Thanks, Chris, she is a beauty!

Questions or more pictures (let me know what you want to see) email me at: dsharp@sharpdesigns.net
Dave Sharp

Post by Dave Sharp »

Just read an email (dated 5:00 pm Friday) telling me I had a private message, but my Inbox is empty. If I missed your message, please try again, or email me directly at dsharp@sharpdesigns.net

Thanks.
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I will volunteer that the guitar has my favorite vintage of Sho~Bud pickup, with the two-screw mounting through the coil. The guitar is probably from 1969-71, and looks to me definitely worth what Dave is asking for it, or more.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Dave Sharp

Post by Dave Sharp »

Thanks, Herb. She's sweet sounding and oh so pretty:

Dave Sharp

Post by Dave Sharp »

Guitar is sold, please close 'er up. Forum donation is forthcoming. Thanks!