Wiring Diagram?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Harvey Kimray

Wiring Diagram?

Post by Harvey Kimray »

I am trying to help a friend with a D10 MSA Classic Serial # 2C823 that he bought new about 1973. Someone installed 2 GeorgeL E66 pickups and has really butchered up the the hookups from the three position switch through the two tone controls and the 1/4" phone jack.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram they could send me so I can fix this mess?
Thanks in advance for your help. :?
Dwight Lewis

MSA Wiring diagram

Post by Dwight Lewis »

Ditto.I need the same schematic/ wire diagram.Also where can I get some more of those pots or similar, What is the impedaance on those pots anyway?

Dwight
Dekley (PRS-10C), BMI S12
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

I can look at a set of controls I have . I found a diagram by doing a search but don't remember if it had the controls in the diagram. I do remember that the jack only grounded to the body and did not have a wire attached to the jack. This was a 75 MSA.
Dwight I sent you a email. Scott
"The Oddball" A MSA Keyless with pedals to the right.
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Actually I believe that there is one tone and one volume control and they should be after the neck selector switch. Generally speaking, one pickup hot lead goes into one side of the switch, the other pickup hot lead to the other side of the switch and the center is the output. That takes care of the switch. The center from the switch then goes to one side of the volume control and the other side of the volume control will go to ground. The center lug of the volume pot now goes to the center lug of the tone pot and then continues to the hot side of the output jack. Either of the other sides of the tone pot then connects to the tone capacitor (.047 microfarads) which then goes to ground. The other side of the tone pot is left empty. If either the volume or tone pot seems to work in the opposite way that you wanted it to, simply reverse the 2 sides of the pot in question- leaving the center alone. Tie all the grounds together and make sure that they go to ground somewhere or just connect them to the grounding part of the output jack. I hope that this helps. This post should probably be moved to the Electronics section.
Harvey Kimray

Wiring Diagram

Post by Harvey Kimray »

Thanks Jim:
This is excactly what I was looking for. I debated which topic this should have been listed in and had second thoughts that maybe I chose the wrong one.
Dwight Lewis

Diagrahm

Post by Dwight Lewis »

pictures ,fellas , pictures.
Dekley (PRS-10C), BMI S12
John Phinney

Post by John Phinney »

Here's a link to a diagram I made for myself when I had my MSA S10. Sorry no pickup selector in the diagram.

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
GFI Ultra D-10 8x5/Sarno Freeloader/Telonics volume pedal/Fender Super Six Split Cab with a 1x15 BW
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

please pardon my humble MSPaint impression of what I attempted to explain
Dave Burr

Post by Dave Burr »

Here's a "generic" schematic from the Carter website:

http://www.steelguitarinfo.com/download ... iagram.pdf
Respectfully,
david burr
John Phinney

Post by John Phinney »

Here's a color version of Jim Palenscar's two pickup wiring diagram with selector switch, volume and tone pots.

GFI Ultra D-10 8x5/Sarno Freeloader/Telonics volume pedal/Fender Super Six Split Cab with a 1x15 BW