How to save song file to iphone?

Q&A about PGMusic's popular accompaniment software

Moderator: David Collins

John Lacey

How to save song file to iphone?

Post by John Lacey »

I need to save a bunch of song files that I've assembled and load them onto my iphone for playback. I have BIAB 2008 and was wondering what method to use?
John Lacey

Post by John Lacey »

Bump
David Collins

Post by David Collins »

Hi John,

I know less than nothing about an iphone. If you need help in converting BIAB songs into WAV or MP3 files, I can probably help you, but I dont know what kind of file format that iphone uses.

Sorry,
David
David Collins
www.chjoyce.com
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

The iPhone's audio storage and playback is the same as the iPod. You'd normally use iTunes to transfer the audio files to your iPhone.
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
John Lacey

Post by John Lacey »

Thanks guys, got her.
John Lacey

Post by John Lacey »

I've since synced up my iphone with my computer, having saved the BIAB files as waves then MP3's, then transferred them to my iphone with little trouble. I played outdoors at a nearby farmers market with just my steel, chair, my iphone lined out to #2 input of my Evans, and steel into #1. I played at a low volume as not to disturb the nearby vendors and was told twice to turn up! Mission accomplished with minimal gear and maximum flexibility. Had to turn off autolock on the iphone so I could monitor it for the next tune. Great way to do a steel single!
Josh Cho

Cool trick...

Post by Josh Cho »

John,

This really is another great way to use technology--BIAB, iphone and some connectors.

Question: what happens if a call comes in...does the sound go through the connection? Would you hear the phone ring through your amp?

Just curious....

Thanks for this tip.

Josh
John Lacey

Post by John Lacey »

Josh, I turn the phone off with the little switch on the left of the iphone during a performance.