Custom Made Lap Steel

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
James Fleming

Custom Made Lap Steel

Post by James Fleming »

Fine electric Lap Steel Guitar. Made by Robert Schepis of Hallsville Texas. This is a new instument and is entirely made by hand. Built from select hardwoods by a very seasoned Luthier. Robert has built many Flattop Guitars, Solid Body Guitars and Mountain Dulcimers.
This guitar is made from solid Poplar with a warm Walnut Stain. The bound fretboard and pick guard are made from Padauk an exodic hardwood with a rich red look. Fretboard has inlaid Maple fret markers and dot markers. Johnson/EMG single coil pickup, one volume and one tone control knob to give you a wide range of tones. This lap steel sounds fantastic through both electric and acoustic amps. Durable lacquer finish that has been hand rubbed to a glass smooth satin finish. I have it strung for a southpaw, but if you want it restrung, just let me know what type of strings you want on it. This guitar is available for local pick up or I will ship to lower 48 for $20.00 Thanks for taking a look. Price $200.00 and I will make a $20.00 donation to the forum