Paul Franklin/Joe Wright dvds & cds

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Michael Matthews

Paul Franklin/Joe Wright dvds & cds

Post by Michael Matthews »

Hey guys, I just wanted to give a plug here for the new guys , I'm also a beginner and trying to learn as much as I can, got a long way to go, can do some basic stuff and was afraid of the fast picking and thought maybe someday, anyway, I got Joe's secrets of the wright hand dvd about a year ago or so and been doing the exercises off and on and it has helped me a great deal, but what I wanted to say is this, I just got Paul's dvd and cd's at the st. louis show and he brings out some of the mysteries and takes it one step at a time, one string at a time and one position and lever or pedal at a time, but from doing the teachings from Joes dvd I feel that there's a chance I might be able to play some basic speed stuff, this has really boosted my confidence. so if you've been playing and are staying with the slow tunes, take a chance and get these dvds and cds take it one step at a time...my 2 cents mike :D
Zach Keele

Good advice.

Post by Zach Keele »

I think what Mike said is good advice. You've got to try something before you can do it. In addition or instead of the material Mike said, Mr. Doug Jernigan has some great speed building exercises available. I've taken a few lessons from him and boy have I ever increased my speed and dexterity.

Did you get the new Paul Franklin DVD? If you did what was on it, and how good is it?
Paul E. Brennan

Post by Paul E. Brennan »

I can't say enough good things about Joe's teaching methods. He's broken every aspect of the technique down into the component parts. He shows you how to work on each component in isolation and then how to put them all together. It's a logical, extremely well thought out approach.

Paul's stuff is great too.
bob drawbaugh

Post by bob drawbaugh »

Mike, It was good to see you in St Louis. Hope you had a good time. Ya you can't beat Joe and Paul's teaching. Your doing the right thing, one step at a time. Hang in there, even if it takes years look at how much fun your having. :lol:
Last edited by bob drawbaugh on 16 Sep 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zach Keele

Hijack...

Post by Zach Keele »

Scottsboro, I go down there to buy tractor parts sometimes. Just a quick jump over the mountain from my farm. It's nice down there. Do they still use the nuclear power plant down there?
bob drawbaugh

Post by bob drawbaugh »

Zach, ya it's still here. But it's never been in operation. Not one watt of power came out of it. Our tax dollars at work. :?
Zach Keele

Post by Zach Keele »

Typical stuff. My wife works for the VA, they gave them some new uniforms last week...made in Mexico. :roll:
Michael Matthews

Post by Michael Matthews »

hey Bob, yea, I had a great time in st. louis, sorry I didn't spend more time with you guys, but I was like a kid in the chocalate factory, couldn't stay in one place very long , lots of goodies everywhere, I reckon I stayed in the mullen room most of the time seeing the great picking up front and personal, right?
and yea Zake, I did get the dvd from Paul and it's loaded with lots of hot tips, things like..chimes, harmony playing... and pivoting...pick blocking..and more hot licks..can't absorb it all in one take, right?
thanks for posting,see ya...mike :)
David Mason

Post by David Mason »

Is this a new teaching DVD? There's nothing on his site:
http://www.paul-franklin.com/instruction.html
Zach Keele

nope.

Post by Zach Keele »

No, that one has been out several years. There is a new one. Send Theresa Galbraith an e-mail and she can fill you in on the new one.