Junior Knight

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dave Biller

Junior Knight

Post by Dave Biller »

Ofcourse I was quite familiar with this gentleman but I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting him until this evening in Fredericksburg, where we doubled a bill with Jody Nix and his superb band. WOW, what awesome playing! This guy is my new steel guitar hero. Just wonderful and inspiring playing. Plus, as many of you know, he's a total sweetheart of a guy and I had a lot of fun hanging out with him. He was very enamored of his Rains D10 and for good reason. Tone out the wazoo! Just wanted to give some well deserved props to my new friend. Junior, you da man! and I look forward to spending more time with you, sir.
Danny Hullihen

Junior Knight

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Junior is indeed a stellar player, and one of the finest gentlemen a person could ever have the honor of knowing. God bless him and may he live long.
Red Kilby

Post by Red Kilby »

Hi Dave, I have to agree about Junior. But he not only can play the heck out of Steel Guitar, he does a great job on lead guitar too, I had Junior share the duties on my CD "Keepin it Real" with the Redd Volkaert on lead, and let me tell you I was very impressed.

Junior, you are just a GREAT ALL AROUND PLAYER!!

and let me add, Humble Too.
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Jr, one of my Favorites ever :D
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

A-freakin'-men!!!!
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Tommy Detamore

Post by Tommy Detamore »

You are so right and thanks for posting this Dave! They just don't come any better than Jr. Knight! Extraordinary competence and exemplary character.... I have so much respect for this man...
Tommy Detamore
Quilter Labs, Goodrich Sound, Source Audio, Neunaber Audio, and Stringjoy Authorized Dealer

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com
Jason Longoria

Post by Jason Longoria »

I saw him last nite as well and wow! ...Junior was tearing it up from the start! (that was my first time seeing him play) ... and that Rains he had sounded really good!
JACK HEERN

Post by JACK HEERN »

There can't be enough said about Junior as both, talent and a great guy. He is also a kick butt guitar and a bass player. Been there, Done that with him behind me!

He sez B flat is where it's at
:D
A friend of hisen
Jack
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

All true.

My favorite Jr. Knight story is of the time a neighbor boy--I believe a friend of one of Jr.'s kids-- asked Junior if sometime he could show him a certain guitar lick. Junior said, sure... how about now? He got out of his pickup, dropped the tailgate and proceeded to give the boy the requested lesson right then and there.

That's the kind of guy Jr. is. He's always a big hit at Scotty's, but often too busy making a living to appear.
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

The pickin' definitely ain't over til Jr. has Played. Jody.
Buck Grantham

Junior

Post by Buck Grantham »

I totally agree about Junior being a super player and a super guy. He is one of my favorite players. Buck Grantham
Music to light up your life
pdl20

Jr

Post by pdl20 »

Jr, one of my Favorites and a friend also,have known him a long time . Did i do good Jr, BTW, i'll be looking for the check.lol :) Rudy
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Junior Knight

Post by Junior Knight »

First of all..thanks to everyone for the kind words!
Dave, you really had that Sho-Bud talkin!
You sounded great..as did Amber and the whole band!! It was alot of fun that nite.
2006 Msa S-12 “milly” 8 & 5

. Peavey Nashville 1-12 Tommy Huff speaker cabs. Goodrich pedals & matchbro.Steeler Choice seats.. that is all..(for now) lol

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar