Quad Cities Steel Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Mark Kelchen

Quad Cities Steel Show

Post by Mark Kelchen »

Great time was had by all at the 11th annual Quad Cities Steel Show. To Tom, Tom Jr, Bruce and all the folks who put the show together, our hats are off to you Image We enjoyed seeing folks and listening to them, a case that only seems to happen a couple times a year in IOWA. Great preformances by all musicians, Joe Wright, Scotty, and what a job Russ Wever did on "Raisin the Dickens"!! Thanks again to all of you who make these Iowa Jams happen, and for all of you who have not yet attended one, pencil it in for next year! You won't be sorry!
Dennis Detweiler

Post by Dennis Detweiler »

And don't forget the "Waterloo Hulk"..Roger Miller! Not only a great guitar player, but a body builder too!
His wife took a motel room snapshot of him posing for a promo body building competition. Massive upper body and a tiny waist. Made his head look slightly small. I still think the picture was upside down??
Don't let the street clothes fool you ladies!
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

Thanks Dennis!!!. So much muscle I think she wished I looked like that.
I also must say that Russ,Joe,and Scotty were among very good company with all the great players and folks who gave them a Midwest welcome to our state. Joe's last performance went on for quite a while and a full house was entertained as good as one can. Great show boys!!!!
Tom Pickett Jr

Post by Tom Pickett Jr »

thanks for coming denny you guys and gals are
always on top for these shows, dont know how
you find the time to dial it in like you do
but it shows.(believe me)
saw rogers picture but i believe jerome heard
remure about your picture? any truth to that
LOL
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

That muscle pic was in retibute to Dennis' Thong fetish. I have recieved a fax with attach. proving my point. Tommy send me your email, I'll send you a copy.
Great show Tommy, can't wait till next year.
Dennis Detweiler

LOL Roger! Image
And NO!...I don't have any used ones for sale. My collection is small. If you really want to get into the nostalgic, check with Curtis.
Mark Kelchen

Post by Mark Kelchen »

Rumor control has it that Curtis has been spotted playing a Franklin!!!!! Can anyone confirm this? Roger..Great job as always. It's always good to see and hear you play. Never knew you were into body building but the picture tells all. What a set of pecs! How does one find the time??? I did happen to catch Kirk carrying Dennis' Zum away. Good thing he was spotted! Dennis may of had to travel to Troy to play his axe. Might have to start chaining mine down now! Where's the camera when ya need it? Also Roger, check your E-mail. I think I found that pic of Dennis. You guys are great!
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

It was the least I could do to carry the guitar of a true "master". Doesn't matter what kind it is. I am sure that Dennis Detweiller could make a Carter sound as good. ...and I am sure that I could make his Zum sound just like "me" playing "my" Carter. It was a great time with the family.
Kim Miller

Post by Kim Miller »

Sorry I missed the show guys. I've never been to that one. I'm always playing the Shell Rock Swing Show that weekend every year. All you guys are super pickers and fun to be around. I also miss my twin adopted brother Roger. Maybe next year. Kim<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Kim Miller on 27 April 2002 at 08:41 AM.]</p></FONT>
Dennis Detweiler

Thanks Tom, Bruce and Tom Jr for a great and well organized show this year. It gets better each year. Super family of pickers to be around.
I'm in the middle of coaching soccer and working during the day, but I haven't forgotten the tapes Tom Jr. "They're in the mail", so to speak :~) I'm FUMBLING around on one track and the lessons on the other, so I will attempt to cut me out when I make copies.
Guitar is in the case since the show...now back to soccer....