SSSGC (AR) meeting - good times

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Lynn Carney

SSSGC (AR) meeting - good times

Post by Lynn Carney »

Well, I guess we're going to have to round up a posse. Some of our guys were AWOL this month, but those who attended Sunday's meeting had a great time, good music and fellowship.

Everyone enjoyed watching Larry Garrett's (nearly) 5 year old grandson sitting on Grandpa's lap tuning the steel ( :lol: ) and imitating ol' Grandad as Larry played.

Who knows . . . we may be witnessing the next Austin Stewart. :)

Wouldn't that make us proud?

Great to see Zelpha Ward and David Starr's family there.

Election of officers was prosponed till our August meeting.

Thanks to those who joined us Sunday. We truly appreciate you.
Last edited by Lynn Carney on 14 Jul 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Publicity, S.S.S.G.C.
Norma Jean Lucas

Post by Norma Jean Lucas »

Lynn you are so right about Larry's grandson! It would be great to have another Austin. Thank you for coming, I know you didn't feel well but as you can see, we definitley need you. See ya Friday at Robinson where Larry will be playing steel. 8) :P
Dana Stewart

Post by Dana Stewart »

Hello, glad you all had a fun meeting. I wish we would have heard and seen "the new Austin". Anyone get a picture of this cute little guy? Would love to see it.

Dana
Lynn Carney

Post by Lynn Carney »

Dana, I forgot my camera! Oh, well. We'll let his Grandpa have the pleasure of posting those first photos someday. :)

See ya Friday, Norma Jean.
Publicity, S.S.S.G.C.
Larry Garrett

Post by Larry Garrett »

Yes, we had a great time and my grandson Greyson loved it. As Lynn said he played along and "tuned" for me. Got a good laugh out of that. He's so much fun. I don't know how to post pictures but didn't have my camera either......
I hope he stays interested in music, especially steel guitar.
We also enjoyed Bill Alcorn's outstanding bluegrass band The Flint Hill Ramblers saturday night in the park.
Larry Garrett

Post by Larry Garrett »

Yes, we had a great time and my grandson Greyson loved it. As Lynn said he played along and "tuned" for me. Got a good laugh out of that. He's so much fun. I don't know how to post pictures but didn't have my camera either......
I hope he stays interested in music, especially steel guitar.
We also enjoyed Bill Alcorn's outstanding bluegrass band The Flint Hill Ramblers saturday night in the park.