Sho Bro $799

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Darryl Hattenhauer

Sho Bro $799

Post by Darryl Hattenhauer »

http://www.acousticmusicshop.com/inc/sdetail/564

FYI. I don't anything about the instrument or seller. I just stumbled across this on the net. And barked my shins.
Steel crazy after all these years.

$100 reward for info leading to the purchase of a fender D8 white, yellow, or butterscotch.
Marc Jenkins

Post by Marc Jenkins »

Great shop, nice guys. Trustworthy too.
Gavin Dunn

Post by Gavin Dunn »

That's Canadian $$$$ too
Ric Nelson

Post by Ric Nelson »

That was one of the Spanish Guitar models that was made by ShoBud. Note that it does not have the playing card position dots since Shot Jackson thought that, since you could see the fret board when played, and if that would be in church, it would be inappropriate, so he did dots instead. Most were made in the later 1960s to late 1970s.

Ric
Darryl Hattenhauer

Ric,

That's some interesting info about Sho Bros. I had a Spanish style Sho-Bro, but the sound wasn't right for what I like in a Spanish reso. But I have kept my square-neck 7-string Sho-Bro because even though I don't like it for bluegrass, I do like the sound for country. I suspect that Shot wanted to make a dobro for country, rather like folk guitars instead of bluegrass guitars, folk banjos instead of bluegrass banjos, and folk/jazz mandos instead of bluegrass mandos.

On the other hand, Carroll Parham gets great bluegrass sound out of his Sho-Bro square neck, but he sounds great on a variety of instruments.

Michael Lee Allen is the best source I know of on Sho-Bros.

$100 reward for info leading to the purchase of a fender D8 white, yellow, or butterscotch.
Randy Lindley

Post by Randy Lindley »

is the nut one that can be removed?...not glued?...i just want to make sure it can be converted back easily...if you could post a close up of the nut, that'd be awesome!!...thanks!!!
Darryl Hattenhauer

Randy,

I don't anything about the instrument other than what is posted. Sorry, but I'm a noob when it comes to resos.

Randy Lindley

Post by Randy Lindley »

no prob, darryl...are you open to entertaining offers?...

-randy
Darryl Hattenhauer

Yes, from Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris, and Linda Ronstadt.

But I don't own that cutaway Sho-Bro. It's just one I happened to see on the net, and all I know about it is on the site of the guy selling it.

If you mean my 7-string, I want to keep it. For my ear, it has an unusual sound that I don't hear anywhere else. But these are cheap because for most people Sho-Bros have an unusual sound they don't want to hear anywhere else. A lot of people think Bobbe Seymour's Bob-Bro is a better deal.

Randy Lindley

Post by Randy Lindley »

darryl...i'm so sorry...i'm such a dork...and obviously can't read very well...geeeeez....sorry to waste your time...have a great weekend, my friend...
Darryl Hattenhauer

Hah! I do it all the time, but I'm in my 60's and have bad eyes, so I have an excuse.

My guess is this is a good price. As Gavin points, the price is in Canuckian dollars.