My first cd

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ben Hoare

My first cd

Post by Ben Hoare »

Just released my first solo album "A time in place"
Its got some steel,some dobro,lots of guitar,lots of strings,lots of sax.Its not everyones cup of tea but I sure enjoyed doing it .You can hear sound bites at www.myspace.com/benspickin
http://cdbaby.com/cd/benjaminhoare
Its not for the die hard country steel lover but please stop by if you can
Ben
ps I am a die hard country steel lover
Tommy Shown

Post by Tommy Shown »

Ben that's the only thing that mattters. Is that you are happy with it and you like it. An uncle of mine once told me before he died, "Tommy your toughest critics are your family. No body else".
Tommy
Rudy Hawk

Post by Rudy Hawk »

Gary, it's great to know there's another cdbaby.com member on the forum. I did my first one back in 2006, an inspirational. My next one will include steel on it, although it may not be mine. I wish you the best on your project. By the way, many years ago when I was on active duty in the Navy I visited your country, had a great time and met some really nice folks there.
RH
Brian McGaughey

Post by Brian McGaughey »

Good job, Ben.

We live in a great time for DIY recording, marketing and selling of music internationally, right from our living rooms! No excuses to not chase our dreams and write and record. We'll have a CD up on CDBaby soon, too.

Good luck on your goals!

Digging the drum and sax work as I type this on "The Layers".
Ben Hoare

Post by Ben Hoare »

No living room recording there Brian it was all done to 2 " and then put onto protools for mix down and then mastered.I did some of my parts at home but not much,did it the old fashioned way.Thanks for listening to all.
Ivan Funk

Post by Ivan Funk »

Sounds great. I'm a fan of the detailed low end and midrange that recording to tape can provide. Are these your compositions or was it a collective? Interesting use of Dobro. I like it.
Nice work.
Ben Hoare

Post by Ben Hoare »

Hi Ivan ,yes all my compositions and arrangements.Yes tape is great the reason I did it.I have played on other peoples albums etc but this is the one I will give my kids.Which is why I cut no corners it needed to be to tape with all those acoustic instruments and thanks.
Cheers Ben
Brian McGaughey

Post by Brian McGaughey »

Hey Ben...I certainly didn't mean to insinuate it wasn't pro...the quality is great! The warmth of the tape is definitely noticeable.

WE'RE the DIYers using a living room! :D
Ben Hoare

Post by Ben Hoare »

Thanks Brian.No I wish I had done it in my living room I nearly had to sell some of my children "joking" to do it,so expensive.
Regards Ben