2009 Country Music Hall of Fame Inductees

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

robert kramer

2009 Country Music Hall of Fame Inductees

Post by robert kramer »

The Country Music Association has inducted 3 pickers (one a steel player) into the Country Music Hall of Fame for 2009.
For recording or touring musician with a career before 1975: Charlie McCoy
For artist with a career before 1975: Roy Clark
For artist with a career after 1975: Barbara Mandrell

A quick note to Michael Douchette: At todays press conference at the Hall Of Fame, Charlie McCoy thanked Tex Davis for being instrumental in Charlie's career and for being "the greatest promotional man ever."
Russ Hicks

Post by Russ Hicks »

Hey Robert...you beat me to the announcement....I'm so proud of Charlie I don't know what to do, except be very happy about it, and I know it means a lot to Mike; I can't tell you the times Charlie, Tex and I have been on a plane and have Tex do his promo for Charlie, to the Stewardess', passengers, pilots and even in the airports..Tex was the greatest....all this comes at a time when I (we) need some good news after the loss of Tom.
My congratulations to Charlie for being who he is and to Tom for what he was and always will be to all of us who knew him.
rh
Russ Hicks

Post by Russ Hicks »

Hey Robert...you beat me to the announcement....I'm so proud of Charlie I don't know what to do, except be very happy about it, and I know it means a lot to Mike; I can't tell you the times Charlie, Tex and I have been on a plane and have Tex do his promo for Charlie, to the Stewardess', passengers, pilots and even in the airports..Tex was the greatest....all this comes at a time when I (we) need some good news after the loss of Tom.
My congratulations to Charlie for being who he is and to Tom for what he was and always will be to all of us who knew him.
rh
Russ Hicks

Post by Russ Hicks »

Sorry for this S L O W computer, and my lack of patience...but while I'm on the subject oF the CMA, I find it hard to believe that there's still GIANT artists out there like Ferlin H. Jean Shepard, Connie Smith, and others still not in...Porter W. only inducted a couple years ago...I'm not trying to get one of those tired, long, sometimes ugly 'discussions going', but I just don't understand it :?: :?:
rh
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

I'm starting a petition to get Darius Rucker in.
Michael Douchette

Post by Michael Douchette »

Guys, I opened this thread as the story came on Channel 5... seeing Charlie, and then reading what you guys had to say... I had to go compose myself a bit before I replied.

I called Charlie this afternoon to congratulate him. I am so proud and happy; I told him congrats from me, Mom, and of course, Dad. I know Pop would be beaming, like here...

Charlie told me he was so glad I called; it meant so much to him.

Russ, you know we love you and Laney like our own family. Tell her Happy Birthday for us, and give her a big ol' Tex squeeze.
Mikey D... H.S.P.
Music hath the charm to soothe a savage beast, but I'd try a 10mm first.

http://www.steelharp.com
http://www.thesessionplayers.com/douchette.html

(other things you can ask about here)
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/Steelharp/
David Young

CMA HOF Inductees

Post by David Young »

Michael,

If you remember, next time you talk to Charlie, tell him there are a lot of people out here who are proud for him. Thanks

Russ,

I know exactly what you mean about several who "we" think should be in the HOF, but, I guess we'll just have to chalk it up to one of those things we scratch our heads over. I missed ya'll in Tulsa last year. Say hi to Laney for me.

We Love Ya'll,
Bro. David

PS I was very proud to see Randy on The Tonight Show, tell him "congrats" for me.
Hello to all my steel guitar playing friends. You are in my prayers as you travel to all the shows. I'll see you when I can. Rev. David L. Young / 2007 Martin D-41 Special, 1999 Tacoma DM-9, 2012 Bourgeois Cocobolo back and sides with an Adirondack Spruce top.