Interesting new stuff in the world of Bigsby

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Jussi Huhtakangas

Post by Jussi Huhtakangas »

Gretsch has had those reissue guitars available for number of years now, I've heard mixed reviews of them; some like them, some were less enthusiastic about them. One was recently on ebay, might still be. Gretsch does not build pedal steels though, one might get that impression from that webpage, but specs and such there are just reprint of what was in the original catalog and the guitar in the photo is an original Bigsby and belongs to Herb Steiner.
Andy's book, however, will be available in a matter of weeks, he just received the proof copy. Should be a must for every steel player and guitar geek!! :)
Andy Volk

Post by Andy Volk »

Jussi - thanks for the info. Looks like I haven't been paying enough attention.
chas smith

Post by chas smith »

I got to browse the Bigsby book, at the Deke's Guitar Geek Festival, on Sat and it's lovely.
Don Wright

Repro Bigsby Electric Spanish Guitars

Post by Don Wright »

According to the folks at the Bigsby booth at the NAMM show yesterday, these guitars were built in Japan a few years ago and sold out. They actually had one fairly plain version in the booth that looked new on Thursday but had suffered a couple of nasty dings and dents by the show's closing yesterday.
1940 Vega Double 8, 1 Bakelite and 1 Metal Rickenbacher, Oahu Tonemaster. '66 Fender Twin, Bogner Alchemist and vintage Baldwin amplifier.