Johnny Cox -- Ballads, Shuffles & Swing CD

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Simmons

Johnny Cox -- Ballads, Shuffles & Swing CD

Post by Bill Simmons »

Johnny's playing is just great (as usual)on this CD! I had not listened to it for some time and put in my car yesterday and it is playing over and over for the past two days. 'Sweet Memories' is still my personal favorite. 'Together Again' is a song that has been played BUT I truly loved Johnny's unique arrangement of this classic!!

Then his tribute to the great Curly Chalker with 'The Shadow of Your Smile/The Nearness of You' was remarkable...EVERY song on this CD is a home run! Robby Turner co-produced this so that is another plus.

Johnny...how do we order your CD's??? By the way, we all know Joannie taught Johnny all the good stuff he plays! :) I will return your call Wednesday for sure - sorry...love ya bro, 8) Bill
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Bill, funny you should mention this. I have this loaded on my ipod and was listening to it on the way home last night. Together Again is a great arrangement for sure. Another one of my favorits on here is My Shoes Keep Walking Back To You. I may have to copy some of those licks and add that song to my set list.
Drew Howard

Post by Drew Howard »

Bump for a great CD - the Chalker medley is wonderful!
I picked this up in the 90's after seeing Johnny and his triple-neck Zum at one of LT's shows in Michigan.
Doug Earnest

Post by Doug Earnest »

Ain't that a dandy CD???? My favorite is "When the Grass Grows Over Me".
Randy Mason

Post by Randy Mason »

We listened to this cd tonight on break at the job. Me and Eddie Lange were all smiles. This is a GREAT cd! Great band behind him too. (upright bass) :) Classic Dumplin'!
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

I have it on cassette. Love to have it on CD. 8)
Al Collinsworth

Post by Al Collinsworth »

I have it on cassette, too. Johnny is one of the best musicians in the world!!! (Texas or Tennessee.....) :roll: