Old Twilight Zone Episode about Musicians

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Judson Bertoch

Old Twilight Zone Episode about Musicians

Post by Judson Bertoch »

that I never caught the end of. Did you see it?

It took place in the waiting room of some enormous recording studio. The were six benches and all of sudden legendary guitarist started appearing,

Waiting room benches were filled as such:
1: Page, Clapton, Hendrix
2. Emmons, Byrd, Helms
3. Blind Willie Johnson, Big Bill Broonzy, Reverend Gary Davis
4. Pass, Django, Montgomery
5. Muddy, Elmore, BB
6. J. Reed, Doc Watson, Chet

A mysterious alien voice said "you are trapped here for two days and cannot leave."

Then cheezy effects and everyone's favorite instrument appeared. Then more cheezy effects and a pair of rose colored glasses appeared on everyones instrument case.

At that point there was a commercial break and I had to leave to pick up relatives at the airport. Never saw the episode again have always wondered how it ended.

One guy told me it ended this way: well, surprisingly - or perhaps not - the mutual respect was astounding and folks broke up into the the most unlikely groups and made some of the most amazing music ever. Broke into different groups 24 hours later and even more amazing music was created.

A different guy told me it ended like this: "they all put on the rose colored glassed and spent the next 2 days straight ripping up all the players on other benches." Bad technique, terrible tone, play too fast, play slow, etc.

My buddy told me my the story could have never happened because the bass players would have quit and drummers wouldn't have shown because they overslept.

Here's to "hate in '08" and may it die a certain death.

That is all.
Ron Whitfield

Goodbye '08...

Post by Ron Whitfield »

...and good riddance.

Ya'll have a great '09!
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Was that episode hosted by Rod Serling...or Rod Brasfield?
Edward Meisse

Post by Edward Meisse »

My brother has the Twilight Zone boxed set. Maybe I'll ask him if he's familiar with it. Since I drive a transit bus for my money, the only thing I ever hear about is, "Willoughby." :?
Amor vincit omnia