Gerry Hogan, Albert Lee in Stockholm

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Janne Lindgren

Gerry Hogan, Albert Lee in Stockholm

Post by Janne Lindgren »

Steel picker Gerry Hogan, Albert Lee and Hogan Heroes visited Stockholm yesterday, Sunday evening. They did a GREAT show for a full house at restaurant Akkurat. Some of my friends saw the show and where impressed. I should have been there of course, but got ill earlier in the evening. I guess I missed a great happening. Janne Lindgren
Matt Dawson

Post by Matt Dawson »

Gerry Hogan is a great player and a lovely bloke too.If anyone wants a CD of his playing, he came on tour with me about five years ago and I put out a live CD of a gig in France, called, originally enough, Matt Dawson Live in France. This isn't meant to be a plug for my own CD which is actually no longer available (sold like cold-cakes)but it has alot of FINE playing by Gerry.Being a steel player myself (though nowhere near Gerry's league)the steel is WAY up in the mix. It was a funny experience learning to play my own songs on steel by copying his licks. Lots of nice C6 too.
I would happily run off a copy for anyone interested. Email me privately on dawson@pt.lu
http://webplaza.pt.lu/public/dawson/music.html
Matt Dawson

Post by Matt Dawson »

Sorry it took so long....bit busy at the moment. The CDs were posted today to those who ordered them. And worth every penny! (free of charge Image Cheers Matt