Dorothy Jo Owens RIP

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Stoney Stonecipher

Dorothy Jo Owens RIP

Post by Stoney Stonecipher »

Dorothy Jo Owens, Dolly Parton's aunt, who she co-wrote several songs with, including "Daddy Was An Old Time Preacher Man", passed away in her sleep last night. Don't know any arrangements yet.

She was the sister of Bill and Louis Owens, and mother of Dwight and Dale Puckett, and Debbie Jo Owens.
Tony Farr

Post by Tony Farr »

Stoney, do you know how to get in tuch with Dwight or Dale. I used to work with them a lot when they lived here in Nashville. My neice Billie Jo used to be crazy over Dwight, she had him play on 2 or her albums before she was killed in "92. I'd liketo get in touch with them.
Tony
Stoney Stonecipher

Post by Stoney Stonecipher »

Tony, check your E-Mail
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

Stoney,I have some great memories with Dorothy Jo Owens here in California. I helped her promote her Album she had out. This is sad to hear. RIP Dorothy Jo. Your old friend Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

Bump: I was hoping to see more respond on this Great Lady, "Dorothy Jo Owens.She is the one who inspire Super Star " Dolly Parton ". Maybe Dolly Can tell someone in Nashville who get on this forum who she is " Dorothy Jo Owens " to her. I know, but ,I don't want to look like I'm on a soap box because I know so many of these great people personnally. RIP Dorothy Jo,your friend forever,Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.