Now you can Order CUSTOM Setups OnLine!

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Ann Fabian

Now you can Order CUSTOM Setups OnLine!

Post by Ann Fabian »

<FONT SIZE=+1>Carter PRO Model: Order-Online Shopping Cart Update with Custom Setup and Cost-Estimation Capability</FONT>

John Fabian has just completed a new, exciting OnLine Order Shopping Cart which now allows you to <FONT SIZE=+1>order your CUSTOM Setup OnLine!</FONT>

We even have a Help page for your convenience.

In addition to our normal simple 3-step order process, there is an automated Tuning Chart Estimator which detects your configuration <FONT SIZE=-2>(D-10, S-10, S-12, D-12)</FONT> and calculates the number of extra pulls, Pedals, Knee Levers, and gives you an estimate of the additional cost that will be charged for your Custom Setup!

Alternatively, you now can also download the Tuning Chart in PDF form, fill it out, and send it back to us as an Email attachment <u>or</u> a fax.

We have also provided simple technology for calculating if you require OverHeight or UnderHeight legs and rods.

We welcome your feedback . . .

<FONT SIZE=-2>Ann Fabian Image
Carter Steel Guitars
1-800-969-7332 orders new/used psg's & accessories
1-972-288-9100 tech info
1-972-288-9169 FAX
www.steelguitar.com
The Steel Guitar Information Resource
www.steelguitarINFO.com
OnLine Steel Guitarists Directory
www.OnLineSteelers.com

</FONT>

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ann Fabian on 21 October 2000 at 09:15 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Feedback? You want feedback? OK, I'll give ya feedback: You people are amazing. It's like you've got nothing else to do except think up new and better ways to help steel guitarists. What are you... nuts?
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Well Jim, they obviously chose not to read any books on customer service. Carter has exceeded any standards that have been set for retailing. The few times I have had to contact them (or they contacted me) was an extreme pleasure.

Carter = Great people + Great guitar

------------------
Carter D10 8p/10k
Richard Sinkler BS, www.sinkler.com

Chippy Wood

Post by Chippy Wood »

I have to second that, superb all round service.

------------------
Chippy
Carter S10/Pad

Steve Feldman

Post by Steve Feldman »

Let's see, going WAY back to the school days, I guess that would be:

Carter = great(people + guitar)

Now, taking the natural logarithm of both sides, we have:

ln (Carter)....

<font size=1>...nevermind...</font>

Latina

Post by Latina »

Yes, Carter certainly has that "people" touch, as does Mike Brown of Peavey. The Carter people are certainly willing to go out of their way to provide quality customer service, unlike another major steel guitar manufacturer who doesn't even bother to acknowledge e-mails or inquiries.

I've only dealt with the Carter Company once but it was a pleasant experience. I had inquired about receiving their product catalog and not only did they send me the catalog, I received in about two days. When inquiring about a simple black tee shirt sold by the other manufacturer, I didn't even get a response to either my e-mail or handwritten letter. Going on the above, which company would you say provided good customer service?

The same can be said of Mike Brown. I have noticed on previous threads that when a person poses a question to Mr. Brown including myself, he not only answers the questions, he does so almost immediately. Again, great "people" touch.

Of course, this is my two pesos worth Image
Gordon Black

Post by Gordon Black »

Ann, does this "custom setup" include left handed steels? Image
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

Thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate it and it encourages me to do whatever I can to assist you with your Peavey product.

John, Bud and Ann are all great folks who go above and beyond taking care of their customers. This is just a good business practice.