My first time at the St. Louis Steel Guitar Convention!

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Judith Whiting

My first time at the St. Louis Steel Guitar Convention!

Post by Judith Whiting »

All I have to say is WOW! I had a wonderful time hearing all those wonderful Steel Guitar players and meeting so many new people last weekend that I feel the excitement still! I was invited to attend by John Heinrich who was playing the Convention on Saturday so we drove up. Upon our arrival I was introduced to Mitsuo Fujii from Japan, the builder of the EXCEL steel Guitar and his daughter Makiko. Also at the EXCEL booth was another great player, Bill Stafford who wowed me with his early Sunday performance. Saturday's 11:30 performance with Mitsuo and John was a crowd pleaser, John played
Saxophone with Mitsuo on one of his steel guitar numbers and then John then took his turn on steel.John showed his virturacity on steel with his performance of "TAKE 5". What a joy to see these two
fine steel players perform, then we got to watch some of the other great performers. Bill Stafford what a talent he is. In venturing through the convention hall I saw so many fine steel guitars and all that gear. Met some pretty great people, took lots of pictures. I would love to send them so all at the forum can view. Two really cool people I met
were Wendy and Buddy Cage. Buddy is with one of my fav groups New Riders of the Purple Sage. Great steel
guitar player and a real funny guy.

Some other great people who performed where Jim Cohen,Doug Jerrigan,Tom Brumley, Terry Bethel,Al Brisco,Joe Wright,and most of all meeting that cool cat Scotty Dewitt who put the whole show on. Thanks Scotty for a GREAT SHOW THIS YEAR! Another great thrill for me was meeting Grand Ole Opry Star Jack Greene.

The hotel here is a secret for all non smokers, when
you go back next year and stay at the Millenium ask
for the 9th floor smokers rooms. You will look out your window right at the ARCH.

I would love to come back next year and would recommend to anyone who loves this instrument that they attend this adventure in steel guitars!

Judy "keep the music going" "Believe in the Dream"
615.739.6021 off
Lilac Moon Productions, Moody Judy Music, BMI
Lisa Dey Creative Images
music production, demo and master recording,creative imaging,artist
management,songwriter consulting
www.lilacmoonproductions.com
www.nashvillemusicpros.com/profile/judywhiting
www.myspace.com/lilacmoonproductions
www.myspace.com/moodyjudymuzik
www.jpfolks.com Judy Whiting
www.mycountryspace.com/judylilacmoon
www.calmusicians.ning.com/profile/JudyWhiting
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Judith, what can you tell us about that cool looking National guitar?

Glad you enjoyed St. Looey, everyone needs to attend at least once!
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
John Heinrich

I agree!

Post by John Heinrich »

Hey Judy, I couldn't agree with you more, what a wonderful time. Gotta love that picture with the National!
John
www.johnheinrich.com
Double 10 2001 EXCEL
Single 10 2008 EXCEL "My Money Maker"
Single neck universal 14 string EXCEL
Dobro, Saxophone, Oboe, English Horn, Flute, Horn Sections, Lap Steel
615/828-1182 cell
Gene Breeden

Post by Gene Breeden »

Sounds like you had some fun at the show. Who knows maybe I will be there next year to visit.
Jane Roberts

Post by Jane Roberts »

Judy, sounds like you had a good time, wish I could visit sometime myself. John, I know you played great and keep up the excellent work.
Jane roberts
Music Row Promotions
musicrowpromotions@gmail.com
Jane Roberts

Post by Jane Roberts »

bump
Jane roberts
Music Row Promotions
musicrowpromotions@gmail.com