Beware of thieves!

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Richard Douthitt

Beware of thieves!

Post by Richard Douthitt »

Everyone be alert this year! Thieves have been on the prowl the last few years at the show knowing music equipment will be in the area. Last year John Hughey's auto was broken into and also some rooms were hit. We need to all look out for each other and be on our toes. See everyone starting Friday.......
ImageRichard "Wichita" Douthitt
--------
Derby D10 8&5, Nashville 112, Fender Twins, Custom Telecasters. Genz Benz Tubeworks custom amps, Seymour Duncans, Peterson Tuners, and Core One Cables
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

This has been a problem every year. There is no security to speak of at the parking garage and even the "VIP" parking at the hotel isn't safe either.

I remember a couple of years ago one of the vendors loaded some stuff in the trunk of their car and went back for more and when they got back their vehicle had been broken into and items stolen.
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

Here's the post from last year, including John's story:
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=116414

I don't understand why the hotel doesn't put much effort into security. I guess since it's always sold out, there's no motivation to improve.

Be careful.
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

That's probably true, Joey. I think it would have to come about by vendors and performers demanding better security from Scotty and then he, in turn, would have to ask that of the hotel. Scotty certainly has the option of taking the show somewhere else if they can't accommodate that need.
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Richard Douthitt

Post by Richard Douthitt »

I didn't hear of anything this year, if someone was a victim please post your stories......I did steal a bunch of licks this year though!!!!!
ImageRichard "Wichita" Douthitt
--------
Derby D10 8&5, Nashville 112, Fender Twins, Custom Telecasters. Genz Benz Tubeworks custom amps, Seymour Duncans, Peterson Tuners, and Core One Cables
Dana Stewart

Post by Dana Stewart »

Austin had a set of $15.00 gold picks, a thumb pick and a tuning wrench stolen from the Mullen room this year.

Dana
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Not to minimize anyone's loss, but in the interest of 'fair balance', I'm happy to report that, even though I left all my CDs and my self-service money box on my table for long periods while I was away from the booth, no money was taken from the box, and no CDs were removed. (Well, at least we can assume that the money had potential value to people, even if nobody would want to steal my CDs... ;))
Paul E Vendemmia

Post by Paul E Vendemmia »

Don't fell bad Jim Next year I'll come by and steel your cd's, but I will not take any of the money.
it's not my thing Paul
Don E. Curtis

worth stealing

Post by Don E. Curtis »

Jim, Michael says if their worth stealing then they must be good!
Oh well, nobody stole any of mine either...we can take a hint.
Don E.
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Sad as it is to report this, I was just informed that the following items were taken from the Jefferson room sometime either very late Saturday night, or early Sunday morning.

2 mics, stands, and 2 new 25' cables. They are audix mics, nice chrome stands, and the cables where new.

If anyone has any information on this, please let the folks at Mullen know right away.