New Knee Lever Flag For My Desert Rose

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Stu Schulman

New Knee Lever Flag For My Desert Rose

Post by Stu Schulman »

Fellow forumite and good friend Larry Allen built this flag for my RKR on my Desert Rose D-10,he's a real artist with metal,and wood,I just watched.It didn't take him long at all...now it's in the perfect position.He also did a mod to my LKV which changes the angle,I'll post a pic later.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
JW Day

Lever flags

Post by JW Day »

Stu,
I just saw your post on the new flags on your guitar. I E-mailed our master builder about 3 months ago requesting that he mail me A couple along with the bill, never got an answer from Chuck. I too have had to change the position of my levers, but no fault of the guitar, just my ole" wore out body. Keep me posted on your new additions, I may need some help from your friend. thanks, J W
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

J.W.Chuck's a hard guy to get off these days...building them pedal guitars,Like a Schwinn with strings.Same here it's my body that wasn't built right the guitar is fine.Larry took off the lever flattened out the round part on a grinder then he measured a piece of angle aluminum shaped it and taped three screws to the old lever smoothed it out on the grinder,and buffed.I wouldn't try to do it myself...Because I'm not good with tools.Stu
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Jon Hyde

Post by Jon Hyde »

Stu,
It was great seeing and hearing you the other night. Your guitar looks and plays and sounds great! Larry does pretty work too!
Jon
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Jon,Next time we'll put in some more hours,I'll have some steel tunes to send in a few weeks,and some will be me.You've got the touch my friend!
Stu ;-) ;-)