Peter Cummins Notification

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Tom Bradshaw

Peter Cummins Notification

Post by Tom Bradshaw »

Peter: You asked to be notified when the Fender Stringmaster Quad becomes available for sale. I tried contacting you via your email, but it failed to transmit. Here is what I said in the email:

"You and about 50 others expressed interest in the Fender Quad I have. I would appreciate your input regarding what the best procedure for selling it. I don't know what it's worth, although one sold a couple of years ago on eBay for $4200.00. I saw pictures of it; it was in terrible shape. That isn't the case with the quad I have. But, placing a value on it is something I'm uncomfortable in doing.

I have thought of auctioning it to everyone who has written me. Friends have told me to list it on eBay. I have toyed with the idea of placing a ridiculous price on the guitar and then reducing that price by $100.00 per day until someone felt compelled to purchase it at that day's price (like a reverse auction).

So, let me know what you feel is the proper way to offer it for sale. All have waited patiently for word from me and I don't want to do anything that ends up offending anybody. ...Tom"
Peter Cummins

Post by Peter Cummins »

Thanks Very much Tom, I certainly appreciate the fact that you let me know about your Quad.
I am at present unable to pursue the purchase of such a great guitar. I am certain there would be no shortage of willing prospective buyers right here on the Forum.
As to how much for a Quad, Holy smokes, all Stringmasters are on the way up, T8's are pulling over 2K on Ebay, even saw a D8 or two go over 2K on Ebay this year. If you have your price in mind then Post the Steel on the Forum asking for offers, those interested parties will make their offers and the best one would be the ?? market value.
Your guitar, so its your call.
Anyways, I'm not in the race at this time.
Thanks again Tom for your notification, and great luck with the sale.