Jim Loessburg at SETX Club Meeting

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Doug Childress

Jim Loessburg at SETX Club Meeting

Post by Doug Childress »

Don't want to steal Jody Sanders' thunder but have to say how much I enjoyed Jim Loessburg's playing at the SETX Club meeting in Katy Sunday afternoon. It was just a fun time. Jim was playing his black D-10 Emmons push-pull. I was looking at his setup and he played straight into a Nashville 400 with no effects except maybe some built-in reverb. The Emmons P/P sound was evident.
Jim Saunders

Jim Loesberg

Post by Jim Saunders »

Doug,I couldn't agree more. This man is a jaw dropping super talent. His chord command and phrasing are like watching Buddy Emmons.

I didn't notice his set-up, but I did notice the tone! I guess this shows that equipment won't replace talent.
Brandon Ordoyne

Post by Brandon Ordoyne »

man, I really hated missing this one!!! :(

Brandon
'74 Emmons D10 P/P 8x5,'15 Rittenberry D10 8x5, Peavey Nashville 112, 400 & 1000, Fender Twin Reverb Tone Master, Hilton, Goodrich L120, Boss DD-3 and RV-3
Doug Childress

Post by Doug Childress »

What was really goooood was to watch Jim Loessburg and Jody Cameron swapping leads.
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Looks like I missed a good one. Had my equipment loaded, went to Mass on Saturday and we were ready to go over on Sunday but misfortune stuck when Barbara came down with the "bug" and flu that's going around and I just could not leave her at home sick by herself, although she tried very hard to get me to go.
Glad everyone had a great time and were treated to a super show....oh well, maybe next time.
...Roy
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
Doug Childress

Post by Doug Childress »

Roy, you would have been icing on the cake!! Tell Terry that Harley was there incognito and told me not to mention his wherabouts. Hope you and Barbara get over the bug and you can make it next time.
John Coffman

Post by John Coffman »

It was a good jam. Lots of good playing. Jade with vocals and her fiddle, Dottie Jack's vocals. Lots of good steel music. Doug thanks for coming over and share you talents with us. Jim and Dottie please come back soon.
ShowPro SD10, Mullen RP, Bose S1 Pro, GK MB200, MB500, Bugera T50 Tube amp with SlidgeRig, TC HOF reverb effect.
Dean Batye

Post by Dean Batye »

Hey Doug,it is always good to be a round Jim & Dottie &Jade,they are very good people.I miss seeing Fred Jack at the shows. I want to get to Katy Tx. one of these days.
Dean Batye
concord,ca.
Dean Batye

Post by Dean Batye »

Hey Doug,it is always good to be a round Jim & Dottie &Jade,they are very good people.I miss seeing Fred Jack at the shows. I want to get to Katy Tx. one of these days.
Dean Batye
concord,ca.
Doug Childress

Post by Doug Childress »

Dean, I'm sure the SETX Steel Guitar Club would love to have you drop in anytime. Stay tuned!!