crummy ol' push/pulls

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Don Nemarnik

crummy ol' push/pulls

Post by Don Nemarnik »

so I'm sitting here at 3:30 am because of jet lag checking all the pulls on my "crummy old emmons" S-10 push/pull with a strobe tuner. Now, even after 4 weeks of touring australia and japan, having it flown in the hold of the plane with the rest of the luggage then thrown in the back of countless taxi's, and then playing the scariest sweat box clubs you've ever seen, all the raises and lowers except for the LKL lever are still spot on. I think I tuned it twice the whole time. next week it gets flown to london,spain,holland and germany. too bad these things aren't road worthy.
Barry Gaskell

Post by Barry Gaskell »

Hi Don
Whereabouts are you working in England when you come over ?.
We can have dozens of guitar techs waiting just in case one of the collars slips fractionally.
Question. How many guitar techs does it take to sort an Emmons tuning problem ?.
Answer. None, because they have nothing to do and they're all rat-a***d with boredom. :lol:
Enjoy England.
Barry
Don Nemarnik

Post by Don Nemarnik »

we're doing this whirlwind tour on your side of the atlantic next week.
Apr 2 Mean Fiddler LONDON, ENGLAND
Apr 4 Musicdrome MILAN, ITALY
Apr 5 Townhall LICHTENFELS, GERMANY
Apr 6 Arena Wie VIENNA, AUSTRIA
Apr 8 Tavastia HELSINKI, FINLAND
Apr 9 Tavastia HELSINKI, FINLAND
Apr 10 Debaser STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
Apr 11 KB MALMO, SWEDEN
I owe all my tech success to red loc-tite and bronze bushings!

best thing about playing these festivals to me is some hot rod guitarist always wants to sit down at it... such fun listening to them try and make any musical sound at all before they shake their head a walk away! :twisted:
Dyke Corson

Post by Dyke Corson »

Don I hear ya! My D-10 push pull has been to Jamaica, Key West, Las Vegas, New Orleans and recently on a Carnival Cruise ship for a week, NEVER have to tune the pedals, usually pretty close in tune right out of the case.. one of these days I'm gonna change the strings :roll: