How do I get e-mailed MP3 files into Windows Media Player?

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Gary Ulinskas

How do I get e-mailed MP3 files into Windows Media Player?

Post by Gary Ulinskas »

I have a number of backing tracks I would like to record on a CD so it would be more convenient to play them on my Amazing Slower Downer program.
These files are in a folder on my desktop.
I assume the only way I can record a CD using my XP laptop is to create a Playlist of them in my Windows Media Player and then BURN the playlist to a disk. But to get the files to playist they have to be in my library. (Right?)
According to the Window Media Player HELP screen, if I play one of these files on my computer (which I have done)WMP adds the file to my library. But all I can find in the library is the songs I have downloaded and paid for.
I have tried dragging the shortcut for one of the files to the WMP desktop icon, but all it does is play the backup track. It doesn't place the file into WMP. Any help would be appreciated.
OOOPS sorry - just discovered that by left clicking on the file shortcut I get a MENU that says ADD TO WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER LIST 7 ZIP. I click on that and it appears something is being saved. But when I go to WMP and look at my Library Recently Added Items, there is nothing there. Still stuck.
OOOOPS again - when I went into my library of bought songs, there were all the files from my MP3 folder
under "UNKONWN ARTIST".
sorry to bother everyone
Gary Ulinskas
MSA S-12 + Walker mono
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Just open the folder and right click the files and select "send to AUDIO cd x". Do this for all the files you want to burn to a CD. You can also do this using windows Explorer (hold the Windows key and then "e" for a quick start). A balloon will pop up at the bottom right of your screen. Click on this and just follow the prompts. You can either burn them as .cda files to be played on any CD player or burn the CD as a data CD keeping the mp3's intact.

The files are just dumped to a temp holding location for accumualtion until you burn the whole group.

The process is simpler than I've described as Windows will lead you through it.

Same thing works for .wma files or cda source files (have to rip these first).

No need to work directly with WM Player or add the files to the WM Player library.

Greg