Removed.

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Michael Lee Allen

Removed.

Post by Michael Lee Allen »

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Switzer

Post by Mark Switzer »

It seems that Glen Ross Campbell is back in his home in the Riverside/San Bernadino area and playing again. I haven`t been able to run down where or with whom he`s playing so far. You might want to check out Ugly Times Magazine (really) or its web site. The magazine is running a series that tells the story of The Misunderstood in extreme detail.
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

Also check The Misunderstood web site where you can hear what the fuss was about.

I haven't heard anything else about Mr. Campbell's steel playing lately.

------------------
Brad's Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars

Michael Lee Allen

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Honum

Post by Steve Honum »

I saw Glen play many times around Auckland when I was living in New Zealand. I moved back to SoCal in '99 and he was still there then. He used to play with Al Hunter (country singer), Billy Hood
(Rockabilly/Jazz), Glen Moffat (country), Brendon Ham (country/rock) and quite a few others, including sessions. Mostly pedal steel (a Sierra), but he also played a real nice custom built arch-top 9 string electric, jazz guitar, played dobro style but in a real bluesey, jazzy way. He's very talented and a unique individual. I'd be interested to know if he's back in Riverside. There used to be a few photos of him on Brendon Ham's website (do a google search for Brendon Ham).

Haere Mae,
Steve H.
Michael Lee Allen

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac McKenzie

Post by Mac McKenzie »

Glenn played openers for our Jerry Byrd concert some years ago. Sent a tape of this to our old playmate, Rex Churcher in Hawaii and he said that Glenn had a distinctive NZ sound. Mentioned this to Glenn and he said that it is probably because he learned lap steel before venturing out onto other things. Glenn is easy listening.

Steve Honum - where are you? Would like to keep in touch.
Steve Honum

Post by Steve Honum »

G'day Mac, I'm sure we crossed paths in NZ. I was a member of the NZ Hawaiian Steel Club for a little while before returning to the States. Do you still meet in Pt. Chev? I remember good times with the nice and talented players there (some with the old Commodores). I have limited access to the net. Don't play much steel anymore, just a little country or jazz on the spanish style electric with friends. Hope all is well in the land of the long white cloud (and Ten Guitars).

Haere mai,
Steve H.
Mac McKenzie

Post by Mac McKenzie »

Steve,

Hop to music for an update.