Mississippi: MSP show, 12-7

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Billy Carr
Restricted

Mississippi: MSP show, 12-7

Post by Billy Carr »

The MSP(Mississippi Steel Players) show will be rescheduled sometime in 2008. The Dec.7th show will not take place. To many events, parties,etc. going in the area during Dec./Jan. Probably have it in March or April. Thanks to everyone for your continued support of MSP. Our first show held on 8-3-07 was to an overflow crowd and we want to continue that in the Laurel, MS. area. More later!
Tom Harris

Post by Tom Harris »

Howdy Billy..
If the next MSP show is as good as the first one,we will have a grand time,one of the best steel shows i'ev been to in a while,and the line-up was awesome..
with Bill Stafford (Mr. Smooth) Royce Tarver,Winston Street and the great Billy Carr how can you go wrong,,lookin fwd to the next one. Bill,,you did a sho nuff good job on the 8-3-07 show...
Tom......
Billy Carr
Restricted

MSP

Post by Billy Carr »

Thanks Tom. I'm rescheduling the 12-7 show for probably sometime in March 08'. The month of December turned out to be a very busy time for parties, etc. I've got two booked already for the 14th & 21st. The 8-3 show was a good one which featured several top notch players and singers. You did a great job on the Hank Thompson stuff. I want our MSP events to be the only event going on in the area whenever we have one. We want another overflow crowd at our next show as well. Our once a month, Friday night dances start Feb.1st, 2008 in Petal. We'll be using a four piece band and various singers will be doing a set or spliting a set with another singer. All players/singers must be MSP members to sing or play. I've pretty much got the 2-1-08 date booked already with players/singers. Come on up with Ellis, we'll put you in the line up. Thanks again. See ya!
Marty Windham

Post by Marty Windham »

Hey Billy Carr,
I'll be looking forward to being there for the next Show. I enjoyed doing Conway and You doing John Hughey at the last Show. Keeping their Memory Alive.
I'd like to try to Sing and Play some of the Friday Night Shows if I can get in, in time. Maybe Winston Street can play on a Set. That'd be GREAT.
Keep Me posted. See Ya! Marty[/b]
Billy Carr
Restricted

MSP

Post by Billy Carr »

Hey Marty, come on down to any of the Friday night dances, first Friday in each month starting 2-1-08. I'm working on getting a date for the MSP Classic Country/Steel Guitar show. Looking at March or April probably. In the process of getting all of our events done at the Petal location. More later! Thanks.
Charlie Moore

Jam

Post by Charlie Moore »

Billy,let us know when you have a date and also when will Bill have the Gulfport thing again,i'm gonna get back to these shows its fun..c ya..
Charlie...
Billy Carr
Restricted

shows

Post by Billy Carr »

Hey Charlie, don't have a date set yet for our next MSP show and hadn't heard anything about any shows on the coast. Will post as soon as we get dates ready. We're moving all MSP events to Petal for Friday night events. Our MSP Friday night dances start on 2-1-08. Dances will be the first Friday in each month thru November. We won't have anything in Dec./Jan. Our big Classic Country/Steel Guitar show will probably be in March sometime. Let me know if you'd be interested in playing on our next MSP CC/SG event. More later. Thanks.