How to build a leg attachment for stomp box pedal?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brinton Payne

How to build a leg attachment for stomp box pedal?

Post by Brinton Payne »

Does anyone know how i can build a leg attachment for a single stomp box reverb pedal of mine? It's a Line 6 Echo park and I would love to attach it so I can have access to the parameters on it. I've thought about PVC pipe but am not sure of the size and how to attach it to the pedal. Thanks in advance.
BP
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

You can re-invent the wheel, or order one of these:

CLICK HERE

Once you go to the site, move the mouse-pointer over the picture and you can see the product in use.

Lee, from South Texas
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

And here's a link to the leg clamps George L have available...just attach to your stomper and then to the leg !!
http://www.georgelsstore.com/steelacc.html
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Paddy, is there another part to this? how do you attache a stomp box to it?

Dennis Wallis

Post by Dennis Wallis »

Check out these.Appear to be about the same as above only a lot cheaper. :D

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-RAX-ACMS.html
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Very interesting, Dennis. I wonder if the clamp is large enough to fit on the larger part of a mic stand, which is the same size as a steel guitar leg. It's hard to tell, from the picture, how the clamp operates.
Dennis Wallis

Post by Dennis Wallis »

I use one on a mike stand. I "believe" it will fit on a leg but I've never tried it. I can check this weekend and let you know.It's not available right now.If it does it would be ready to use as is.The version I have is a little larger.Used for a music stand,etc. It's even big enought for pods.They have two sizes. The small one would probably hold 2 pedals.
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Andy you would probably have to remove the bottom cover of the stomp box and drill a couple of holes in order to attach the leg clamp ... I have a AB box that I attach to the leg in this manner. You would have to make sure you had enough clearance on the inside so that the screws/bolts did not contact any electrical components on the inside of the stomp
good luck
Marc Jenkins

Post by Marc Jenkins »

Dennis,

How sturdy is that mic stand attachment you have? I'm thinking of getting something like that for a loop pedal. Do you think it would stand up to smacking a pedal quite a bit?

Thanks!
Dennis Wallis

Post by Dennis Wallis »

It's pretty sturdy.Of course it depends on how hard you whack it. :eek: It holds a 3 ring binder well. I think it would work very well for a lot of applications.Also,it wouldn't require any drilling into the effects unit.The holder has a lip at the bottom that would hold the pedal and the angle can be adjusted some.The larger one would probably hold up to 3 or 4 pedals.
Danny Naccarato

Post by Danny Naccarato »

Marc,

Take the spring out from the battery compartment since you wouldn't be "stomping" it with your foot. Fingertip control that way :)
Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

Reply deleted..........
Last edited by Roger Kelly on 28 Nov 2007 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marc Jenkins

Post by Marc Jenkins »

Danny,

Thanks, but I'm getting an Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai so it's going to get smacked around!
Danny Naccarato

Post by Danny Naccarato »

Gotcha :)
Chris Walke

Post by Chris Walke »

Lee Baucum wrote:Very interesting, Dennis. I wonder if the clamp is large enough to fit on the larger part of a mic stand, which is the same size as a steel guitar leg. It's hard to tell, from the picture, how the clamp operates.
I have one of those clamp-on music stands. Definitely not made for steel guitar. Fits mic stand, not steel guitar legs. :cry:
Dennis Wallis

Post by Dennis Wallis »

I have an idea for one.If it works out I'll do a post. :D
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Brinton, you can go to your local hardware store and get one of those metal clips that you put on the wall to hang a broom on. Just take the back off of your stompbox and drill a hole in it and screw the thing on. Then you can just clip the effect right on the leg of your steel or on a mike stand....JH in Va.
Don't matter who's in Austin (or anywhere else) Ralph Mooney is still the king!!!
Steve Norman

Post by Steve Norman »

Mark let me know how that Mem man is..God in his infinite wisdom decided to take my deluxe MM away from me so I need a replacement.
GFI D10, Fender Steel King, Hilton Vpedal,BoBro, National D dobro, Marrs RGS
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

As per Jerry's post, I did this a few years ago. Worked great until I accumulated too much junk to do it this way.
The only problem was that some of the back-plate screws are not long enough after adding the thickness of the 'broom clamp' and a washer. My parts bin had what I needed but it wasn't easy finding the right length and thread size.
As long as you get the right size clamp, this will work just as well on the steel leg as it does on my rig.

Steve Norman

Post by Steve Norman »

Jon could you just go straight onto the leg with those?
oh I just saw the other post,,please delete this
GFI D10, Fender Steel King, Hilton Vpedal,BoBro, National D dobro, Marrs RGS
Dennis Wallis

Post by Dennis Wallis »

The brroom clip is what I had in mind. I got some "Plasti Dip" to coat them so they won't scratch the leg. :D
Marc Jenkins

Post by Marc Jenkins »

Steve,

I will let you know how I like it once mine arrives in a week or so. Until then:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKbtNvXJtfE
Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BOzomoc ... re=related
Tom Keller

leg attachment

Post by Tom Keller »

Well I dont know how to build one but I do know that Roger Kelly makes a really great one and they are reasonably priced.
David Mason

Post by David Mason »

You can also glue little pieces of leather or plastic inside the broom clips to prevent scratching.
Dave Stagner

Post by Dave Stagner »

Something else I was thinking of is a drumset L-bracket, designed to fit on cymbal stands. It'd probably fit steel legs better than something designed for a mic stand, and it should be a LOT sturdier, considering it was designed to be beaten by caveme... er, drummers. And you can get a nice swiveling ball joint and a small trap table that can hold nearly anything.
I don’t believe in pixie dust, but I believe in magic.

1967 ZB D-10
Recording King lap steel with Certano benders