Reggie Duncan Great Player!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Danny Harrell

Reggie Duncan Great Player!

Post by Danny Harrell »

I just heard a CD by a local Gospel singer on which the steel sounded so good. I couldn't wait to check the credits and it was none other than my friend Reggie Duncan from McComb MS. It actually sounded like Sonny Garrish. The artist's name is Bennie Jones from Denham Springs, LA. The tasteful playing on this CD, the tone delivery, and the placement delivery is as professional as I have ever heard. Reggie, you are GREAT. You have that "EMMONS TONE" that everyone seeks. The whole CD is good including the other instruments and vocals. Great job on another well done project Reggie, maybe I can get you to show me some licks and secrets on that great tone!!!!
Mike Archer

duncan

Post by Mike Archer »

boy you got that right Danny
reggee takes a back seat to NO ONE!!
hes one of my favorite steel players
we all hear about the greats and thats good
but man theres great players all over the world yet
to be heard but they will......
ole reggee hes tops man!!! :D
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

One of the smoothest players around these parts is....Reggie Duncan. I've heard a few of Reggies projects, and he always gets that same great sound. His touch is absolutely perfect, and he also plays so tastefully. I've had the priveledge and honor of being on the same stage with him, and have always been blown away with his playing....go get 'em again Bro. Reggie..........HAL :) :) :) :!:
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Mike Archer

duncan

Post by Mike Archer »

hey hal
yes reggee is great!
are you doing better after the bad storm down your way?
did you get any use out of that ole peavey effects
unit i sent you?
hope all is well my friend
mike :D
Howard Tate

Post by Howard Tate »

The only problem with Reggie's playing is there's not enough of it. He is so good, and I'm glad to say he's also a very good person, a favorite of mine.
Mike Archer

reggee

Post by Mike Archer »

lets have more reggees playing soon!! :?:
Billy Carr
Restricted

RD

Post by Billy Carr »

Fine player, as well as, a great person. Anything Reggie is a part of is going to be first class. Did he use his 79' p/p on this project?
Don Sowersby

Post by Don Sowersby »

I agree 1000%. Reggie is a great player and a very good person.

Don
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

He's a great player and guy!

GOD bless!

Terry Wood
billy tam

Post by billy tam »

Reggie's playing is as good as anybody's in these parts and probably anybodys parts. When somebody who plays as well as Danny has high praise for a picker you can be sure they deserve it.
thanks
Billy
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Yes, sir That '79 PP is what Reggie uses......and it's got an awesome tone....classic Emmons for sure.

Mike......we relocated to Denham Springs, LA....things are going much better for us, and yes, I used the Peavy effects unit for a little while, 'til I got my Lexicon 500.....thanks for your caring.

Everyone needs to hear Reggies playing....He's great.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Mike Archer

hal

Post by Mike Archer »

thats good news Hal im glad things are better
for you
god bless
mike :D
Joe Savage

Post by Joe Savage »

I'd just like to add, Reggie is a great guy to do business with as well as a super steel player.
Thanks Reggie.
Joe