Time for me to retire.

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

thank you for everything my friend , enjoy your retirement, you deserved it …

Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Bob, we all owe you serious debt of gratitude for your 25 years of commitment, creativity, forbearance, and general good cheer, while creating, maintaining and improving one of the finest (and least cantankerous) music-oriented communities on the web. You changed the experience of learning and learning about steel guitar for the better for tens of thousands of people. Thank you!
Guy Cundell

Post by Guy Cundell »

b0b, I would like to add my deep appreciation to you for your tireless work. It has been a great gift to steel players everywhere and particularly to me. The resources and assistance here ignited and fed my passion for the instrument and changed my life greatly. The generosity of the members and the discipline of the moderators who you have overseen is remarkable. Thank you!
Pete Bailey

Post by Pete Bailey »

Thank you b0b. The SGF has made all of our lives better and brought so many people together.
D Schubert

Post by D Schubert »

Thank you, b0b. For everything!
GFI Expo S-10PE, Sho-Bud 6139, Fender 2x8 Stringmaster, Supro consoles, Dobro. And more.
gary pierce

Post by gary pierce »

A lot of us have retired and you should enjoy it to, but you will find out it’s hard to slow down since every day is Saturday ha.
I cannot thank you enough for this website and all you did to make it a success.
Gary
George Duncan Sypert

Post by George Duncan Sypert »

I went out and bought a computer because I wanted to be able to be a member of the Steel Guitar Forum. Best money I ever spent. I have made contact with people all around the Globe and became friend with many of them. Got involved with many folks in the world of Pedal Steel Guitar.

That was in 1998 so I have been here 24 years of the 25. b0b you deserve to enjoy your retirement and not have to mess with the crazy people of the world who want to play this instrument. I hope you truly enjoy your retirement and thanks for having your family continue on.

Best regards to you b0b.

George Sypert
Bill Ladd

Post by Bill Ladd »

Thanks for everything b0b!! Enjoy kicking back
Bart Bull

Post by Bart Bull »

I've often wondered what might happen when this day came...
Should have known you'd have it handled gracefully.
Nothing but thanks and gratitude.
Undoubtedly the finest pedal steel player in Paris' 18th Arrondissement
Disaster of Touch, Tone & Taste; Still mastering the manifold mysteries of the Sho-Bud Maverick
Supro, Oahu, pin-striped Rus-Ler SD-10, y tiger-stripe-painted Stella
Hohner Corona Dos en Fa, y Gabanelli en Sol
Greg Sander

Post by Greg Sander »

Thank you Bob, for building the site and for the countless hours put into it. I, like many come here every day to learn and to enjoy “your” clubhouse.
Enjoy your time, and know that you are appreciated.
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

Thanks for all you’ve done b0b!
Dave Van Allen

Enjoy retirement b0b!

Post by Dave Van Allen »

Thank you for the opportunity to interact with “legends” and “nobody’s” who all love steel guitar.
I’ve been here since near the outset and salute you!
I hope you are well and continuing to play, and just letting this online entity go.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!
Roy Heap

Post by Roy Heap »

Well done Bob and thank you.
I fully understand,
Back two years ago I did the same here in the UK,
It’s not easy but after 40 plus years due to personal reasons I ceased publishing the BSS newsletter but fortunately Bob Adams from Scotland took over the forum and it continues today thanks to him.
Best wishes Bob.
Roy.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Bob this is not just a Forum, its a way of life , if not for each of us, certainly an overwhelming majority. That is what you have accomplished. A legacy.

While we have only met in person one time, maybe two in St Louis, to me it was the highlight of the weekend.

Absolute best to you going forward, enjoy life, family , health, all the things that matter.

tp
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Carl Williams

Heartfelt Thanks

Post by Carl Williams »

b0b,
I’m very proud and honored to say I’ve had the good fortune to be a member for 19 years this year. You’ve made a huge contribution to our steel guitar community that is really immeasurable. Thank you and your family for everything 👍. Carl
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

Well b0b,,,I have to say you deserve it. In addition to building a forum that should be a model for ALL forums,,,you have been a "friend" to most of us. To say this has been a family is an understatement. It's been a consistent part of my everyday life for what,,,25 plus years,,,and will continue,,,for as long as I continue,,,LOL
Jim Pollard

Post by Jim Pollard »

Enjoy retirement bob. This place is part of my life every day. So very glad it was here to find when I had the good fortune to dislocate a finger and could only make music with a slide!
Charlie Powell

Post by Charlie Powell »

I hope you enjoy your retirement. Thanks for your years of dedicated service to this online community.
Charlie Powell
Slim Heilpern

Post by Slim Heilpern »

Thanks b0b for all you've done for this community, and enjoy your well-deserved retirement!!!

- Slim
Chromatic Harmonica, Guitar, and Pedal Steel (Williams U12 Series 700, Emmons lap)
http://slimandpenny.com
Manfred Schall

Post by Manfred Schall »

Thanks a lot b0b and enjoy your retirement.
Best wishes.
MS
Gil James

Post by Gil James »

Thanks for all this b0b... my steel journey would be non existent without this great Forum. Happy Trails!
Rick Trolinger

Post by Rick Trolinger »

b0b, Thanks for starting this great forum where steel guitar players can come together and share ideas. It's been a great resource for me over the years. I know you have invested a lot of time and money into this forum. Enjoy your retirement!
Tom Campbell

Post by Tom Campbell »

Thank you-Thank you-Thank you for all you've done for the members of this forum and the advancement of the "Steel Guitar" Bless You!!!
Mike Wilson

Post by Mike Wilson »

Thanks for your commitment and contribution to the steel guitar community. At the very least you should have been or should be placed in the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame.
Thanks for all you have done.
Per Berner

Post by Per Berner »

b0b, that is 25 years of invaluable service to the steel guitar community world-wide. Words can not express the gratitude we all feel. Enjoy your well-deserved retirement, however partial it may turn out to be!