Quilter Travis Toy 12 Signature Steel Guitar Combo Amp

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Arty Passes

Post by Arty Passes »

Ha! Steven, If I had to deal with random sound guys that would definitely be the case, but we have the best in the biz in Daren Fleming. He has heard every note I've played for the past 16 years and I trust him implicitly. I'm lucky and very spoiled, I admit.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

John McClung mentioned making the thumbscrews for the retaining plate captive. Here's a little trick that is working for me. Your local big box hardware store should have these e clips for about $1.50. Two minutes to snap them on.

Harry Johansen

Post by Harry Johansen »

Mr.Toy,I have a question about the Toneblock 202 reverb. Seems like everbody is satisfied with the factory reverb,but I get a very metallic sound with the amp. My question is,is there a trimmer inside the amp where we can adjust the reverb like in Milkman the amp? Or something else? Please bare with me and my poor english.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Harry Johansen wrote:Mr.Toy,I have a question about the Toneblock 202 reverb. Seems like everbody is satisfied with the factory reverb,but I get a very metallic sound with the amp. My question is,is there a trimmer inside the amp where we can adjust the reverb like in Milkman the amp? Or something else? Please bare with me and my poor english.
Your question should be posed to Quilter.

I too find the reverb lacking and use an external reverb rather than the built in.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit