Wisconsin Dairy Jam

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Paul Wade

Post by Paul Wade »

i want to thank everbody up there for a great
show. my first time up there wow!!!!
all the players where great. the gosbel band
was tops... craig, i will be back next year and i hope i can play a set if you will let me

paul wade Image
mundelein,ill
Mark Krutke

Post by Mark Krutke »

Tim: Thank you for the compliment. Your playing was very professional, and I enjoyed bassing for you and the other players. Some of these Iowa players like Kirk and Roger have really improved in such a short time. Mike Cutsforth is the steel player's friend. He knows how the tones should be for all the instrumentation. Many thanks to Craig, Sue and Chad for their efforts.

after the show there were bananas all over the place

------------------
Mark Wayne

<A HREF="http://www.authenticrecording.com" TARGET=_blank>www.authenticrecording.com</A>
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

Note to Russ Hicks~~Larry Moore and I have a pak-a-seat, volume pedal, and a pair of glasses for sale that can be bought cheap if you're in the market for one. ;-)...lefty
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

To Craig, Susie, and the rest of the gang that organized the Dairy State Jam~~~what a great job and what a great show!!! Barb and I want to thank you and the steel guitar community attending your show for a memorable weekend! ...lefty
Dale Chroninger

Post by Dale Chroninger »

Craig, Sue, and all the gang:
Thanks for another great show. I had a ball. My wife says I can come again next year, but can't buy anything! Sure do love my new Williams. Can't say enough about the house band...they're great.
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

What a Show! Thanks Craig,Sue and Chad. Everyone check their Pac-a-seats for bananas and fruit flys before it too late!..Wild Bill<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bill McRoberts on 21 March 2006 at 12:23 PM.]</p></FONT>
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

I want to thank everybody involved this year for making this our best show ever. It will be hard to top. But we will try next year.
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Craig and Sue. I want to say thank you again for inviting me to play your show again this year. As always, your hospitality was the greatest, and the standing ovations I received really made me feel great! We all had a really great time at this show, and the local players all did a great job. The back up players were all first-class muscians, and a pleasure for all to work with. Marilyn and Jaxie had a really great time there too, and we're definately looking forward to doing your show again sometime.

A big heart-felt thank you from all of us.
Jan Collier

Post by Jan Collier »

What a great show. It was udderly wonderful. Mark you are a riot. I don't think any of the players had a problem with their potassium levels with all the bananas floating around. That is the first time I've ever seen a banana used instead of a bar on the steel. Roger did a wonderful job on Danny Boy. It was quite mooooving. I'll be there next year for anudder show. Dean are you buried in snow yet?
Willis Vanderberg

Post by Willis Vanderberg »

I couldn't make the show but I do have a question ot two. I use Jagwire strings on both necks and still don't sound like Danny. I thought it was the back up band. So Jaxie and Marilyn came down to Florida and guess what, I still didn't sound like Danny.Now If I get that new Zum, Hmmmmmm
Just Maybe
Old Bud
Bob C Anderson

Post by Bob C Anderson »

I thank the Lord for a safe trip and a wonderful weekend at the Wisconsin Rapids Jam. Thank you Craig Davidson, Sue Hamilton & Chad for inviting me to be part of your jam. The back up band of Roger, Glen, Mark & Harry were outstanding - top shelf - great. They can play anything. Every steel player put their all into their music. It was a treat to see and hear so many great pickers. Russ & Laney, I thank you both for all your talent and being such nice people to talk to. Lastly, I would like to thank Melissa - the wonderful young lady representing the Wisconsin Rapids armed services. Melissa stood beside me as I played "God Bless the USA". I wanted to do a good job- but, got nervous - eyes watered - lost a pick - had to stop and put it back on - but, pulled it off. Thank you to everyone who gave her the warm ovation. I could tell many in the crowd were touched including myself as I was in the National Guard for 1965 to 1971. Just a footnote - for the intro on my extended E9th - I did a F chord open & played taps on my 12th fret.
Thanks all for a super weekend.
Bob C Anderson
Larry Moore

Post by Larry Moore »

We have just got home, Lefty I made the delivery of the Pack-A-Seat To Russ stayed over night with him & Laney and Chuck & Shirley.... left this morning (about Noon).

We had a wonderful time met some new people to add to my Steel Guitar Family.

Thank You so much Sue & Craig for having us up.
The Back up players were Tops......
Roger, Glenn, Harry, Mark, & Craig.
Thanks to Kirk for the Horn on The Sunday set
The sound was just right.All the Staff were so nice to me & Yvonne.
We both felt like we had known you for a long time,(not just 3 days)
We will Be back
Larry & Yvonne (The Jewelry Lady) Image Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Larry Moore on 22 March 2006 at 08:20 PM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Larry Moore on 22 March 2006 at 08:21 PM.]</p></FONT>
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

I would like to say that playing behind all the players, was a treat.Alone with great steelers and singers, we had time for a little play right off the old banana tree you could say.
I play with the best musicians you can find in the Midwest, Mark Wayne, Harrison Lang and Glenn Runnels. These musicians are a joy for me to work with. We were given several different forms of charts and worked hard at giving all we could.
Laney, Russ, Chuck and Larry are nothing short of professional. Along with great weather to travel in, they entertained the crowd with the best music, humor, and Christian message that you could ever buy. I would say the people got they're moneys' worth and more.
Harbor Lighthouse is simply the best when it comes to C&W Christian music. Brent sounds like Ed Bruce, Mark like Big E, along with the Mark and Lori groove. Always a good turnout and performance. Thanks everyone!!!!!!
Roger
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

Craig, Suzi, and Chad, great job with the show. The ballroom was full all the time, the show constantly moooooved, and was alot of fun for everyone.I really enjoyed myself and so did Kathy. I want to thank Bard Scr
hrage for singing for me a very moving song, which really brought tears to my eyes, and others also.
I did have to go to the Hospital, too much potassium.
Thanks for a great weekend,
Roger
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

Roger, There is one area that we as fellow steel guitarists can't let pass. That was your performance front and center as a steel player intsead of the first chair lead player in the back up band.

I think everyone at the show was impressed and down right tickled to hear and see such fine steel playing from a guy who in just a years time took a dream of playing steel and went to the main stage.

Rogher, Rohhhger, When do you sleep? You do a show, go to your room, practice for 6 hours, then shine all day long...Pass the coffee.
Your friend in life, Bill

'53 Fender String Master, '97 Remington Steel Master, '01 Bass Master, '67 Procter-Silex "Mix Master"<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bill McRoberts on 23 March 2006 at 06:20 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bill McRoberts on 23 March 2006 at 06:22 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bill McRoberts on 23 March 2006 at 09:48 AM.]</p></FONT>
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

Amen to that Bill!
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

:Thanks also go to Danny H. and the girls. Danny is a great player and person. The girls are quite accomplished musicians and someday girls, jam time for us.
The gospel songs that Russ and Danny did were nothing short of insperational, of course, Laney had to carry Russ and sing during his parts. She only let him play fills. 50 steelers would have loved to been on stage during that set.
Danny, I hope good travel weather home, come back please.
Roger
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

Roger, Thanks for the comments. I could not have said any of it better. I was very pleased with the whole week-end. While you were playing I stood there amazed at your touch and tone. I still think you sounded like Jimmy Day. There wasn't any player that didn't sound good actually. We'll see most of you guys in April at the Quads.
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

Dito.....on Danny & the girls, Russ & Laney....I agree Craig, Everyone!
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

I had a great time at the show. Roger Miller did an awesome set on the steel and is an incredible guitar player. I must say that it is the first time I have ever used a banana for a bar, thanks to Mark. What a wonderful weekend. Albert

------------------
Marilyn Myers

Post by Marilyn Myers »

Thanks to all the folks at the Dairy Jam; we had a great time and we appreciate your hospitality. All the steelers did a great job and the back up band was excellent.

We are truly blessed to have the opportunity to back Danny Hullihen on stage. It is wonderful to hear steel played with the touch of a masters hands.

Roger, we are looking forward to jamming with you.
Marilyn & Jaxie (Girls & Guitars)