Ray Walker...RIP

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Ray Thomas

Ray Walker

Post by Ray Thomas »

Many of you who knew Ray Walker knows that he left us much to soon on June 15, 2012. There were two songs played at his funeral I would like to share with those who would like a copy. One was “The Center Cross” in which Ray wrote. The other was “That’s the way love Goes” in which he dedicated to his wife Debby. I put these on a cd and included a couple pictures as shown. Much has been said about Ray but I will repeat, he was a good man and a good friend of mine. His wife Debby gave me the ok to do this. If you would like a copy send your name and address to rthomas17@nc.rr.com and I will mail it out to you. Some have ask about the cost, let me emphasize, there is no charge, if you want to contribute I have around two or three dollars in the project so if you want you can send something to Ray Thomas, 2712 Northwood Drive, Goldsboro NC 27534 or you can paypal the address shown above but again, there is no charge. The picture shown is blue but some may have a red back ground.

Sam White

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Ray I would love to have the CDs by Ray Walker. I went to a Pig Picking today and I took my Steel Guitar the one Ray Walker and Jack Palmer built together.I set it all up and I let Billy (BJ) Barbou play it all day and what a sweet sounding Steel Guitar.Thanks Ray for doing this for everyone. I will be at Robert MCGee's this coming Friday Nightif you are going to be there bring them with you.
MY ADDRESS IS.
Samuel E. White
6704 Dianthus DR.
Willow Spring, N.C. 27592
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Ray Thomas

Walker Disk

Post by Ray Thomas »

Sam, I will not be there this Friday so I will go ahead and send you one, will go out Monday
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Thanks Ray I really appreciate it.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Well another month is up on us and we still miss Ray Walker very much. Ray I hope you are able to know what is going on here on earth as I be leave God has you informed. You know Billy (BJ) has now bought your D-10 Rains and your Pack a Seat. Billy told me he got it home and sat behind it and could not play it right away as he started to cry. I seen BJ Friday night and he had it with him and I think you left some of your licks on it as BJ done a great job of playing it.You are in Anna and My thoughts and prayers.
Your Buddie
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Here we are with another month gone by and going on 5 Months that my good friend Ray Walker has gone with God.Sure miss Ray a lot. Ran my Steel Jam last month and one of the Steel Players played with a track and Ray Walker was singing in it and it tore me up as I really miss Ray. He was a great friend and he was like a kid Brother to me.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Here we are another month gone by and We will always miss my good buddy Ray Walker.If you check back on this thread and you see where Allen Howington took a picture of Ray Walker playing his Steel Guitar at his 60TH Birthday party you can hear Ray playing the song he had written (Dancing with the Angel's0 He wrote the song and his son Cody helped him write the words for it. I heard Ray play it and sing it but he did not sing it on the one that is on this thread.Allen took the picture on his camera at the Party.Ray Anna and I will always have you in our thoughts and prayers.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

The months just keep going by and WE all still miss Ray Walker.WE have had 3 Steel Jams since his passing and they just were not the same with out Ray being there and just watching and listening to all us Steel players. He use to do this to see if he could pick up on some thing he might have been missing. I don't think he had any thing missing with his Steel Playing. We still miss you my friend and I will be hear ever month like I promised.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Well Guys another month has gone by and wew still miss Ray Walker. Ray was a great guy and if you did not know him you don't know what a great guy he was. I sure wish I had taken some lesson from him.He first started back in around 2004 and he really got to play that steel great. He also played rythum Guitar for years and he also played Dobro. I guess that is why he started playing Steel Guitar and he took right off playing.Hope you are enjoying all those steel players in Heaven Ray you got all those big boys there playing. Now you have some great compatition.God Bless
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Another month has gone by and I miss my great friend Ray Walker. There was just some thing about Ray that kept me close like a brother to him.He now has another one of his great friends with him in Heven Bryan Adams. They will have a great time playing their Steel Guitars together now.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Well another month is up on us and Anna and I still miss the great Buddy and Friend Ray Walker. This man was a true Friend and would do any thing for any one.he helped a lot of people threw the years.He told me over and over his Dad use to drive the timing and cords to songs into his head and made him sit and learn until he got what he was trying to teach him.Ray was one great person and he care about people.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Well I can not beleave almost a year has gone by and my Good Buddy Ray Walker has been gone to be with GOD.I have a CD that was given to me at one of our Steel Jams in North Carolina and I play it every so often and it is Ray Singing and I tears me up when I hear it playing. He was a great person and I will never forget him.
sam White
Sam White

One of a kind RAY WALKER

Post by Sam White »

I Can not be leave it was 1 year the 15TH of this month that my good friend and buddy has been gone with the lord.Rest in peace Ray and keep up playing the steel guitar for God and all his Children.We will all be together one of these days and we will have a great time together.He helped many on the Steel Guitar.
Sam White
Sam White

One of a kind RAY WALKER

Post by Sam White »

I Can not be leave it was 1 year the 15TH of this month that my good friend and buddy has been gone with the lord.Rest in peace Ray and keep up playing the steel guitar for God and all his Children.We will all be together one of these days and we will have a great time together.He helped many on the Steel Guitar.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

I kept this going for one year since my good buddie ray walker passed away.To this day i miss ray and I have a CD that was played at the Last steel guitar Jam I ran in Coats N.C. and Jimmy Underwood Gave me this CD that he played with and it was Ray Walker singing and I broke down and I have that CD and when i play it to try to play along with it i break down.He was like a younger brother to me and I'm glad that Jack Palmer sold me the Steel Guitar the he and ray Walker built it is a beauty and I feel honored to have bought this great sounding and beautiful Steel.This is the last I will put on this thread.I will now let ray Rest in Peace.