Flood damage and Nashville musicians

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

Photos of damage at the Opry House, you can scroll through them with the arrows...

http://tinyurl.com/2vwncvd
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Ron Whitfield

Post by Ron Whitfield »

LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

Bump;How is this going these days? Who's the lucky Musicians that got help from the Nashville Musicians Union? Any names by any chance that could be listed.Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.
Bobby Burns

Post by Bobby Burns »

I went by George Gruhn's place thursday, and they were closed. It seems that even though they narrowly escaped damage from the flood, they had a pipe burst on the second floor. Water poured down the wall of the main showroom downstairs, and a lot of instruments, and floors were damaged. Is that a little ironic or what?

Has someone up there got a grudge against stringed instruments?

Maybe Gruhn's loss at least will be covered by insurance, since it was a plumbing problem not a natural disaster.
Bruce Bouton

Post by Bruce Bouton »

We have distributed close to fifty thousand dollars in flood relief. It would be a terrible breach of trust if we disclosed who the recipients were. The process is confidential for obvious reasons but it is safe to say that no one has been turned down if they lost instruments or equipment as a result of the flood.
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

Bump: I think you've made it clear as to how it works. Helping others without anyone knowing who they are helps everybody.Thanks,Leo J.Eiffert,Jr. :cry: :?:
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

I will be in Nashville soon and I'll get the list of names to help out with those who are ashame to be pointed out. What's so wrong with wanting to know who got Money from those off this forum. Remember the ACM gave,What?. This is only to keep everybody happy and honest. Just my opinion on this matter like other things in this world that spills out for crys or is it,lies. This matter is still sad. :cry: Leo J.Eiffert,Jr. :whoa:,I'm not suppose to stand up for....I'm A No Body. I for got! 8)
b0b

Post by b0b »

Your accusation is just plain wrong, Leo. Let it stand at that.

I don't want that list published here.

Topic closed.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video