Do women like the sound of pedal steel?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Skip T

Post by Skip T »

Hey Ray M. - - My wife never had attended a steel show with me until this March in Dallas. After watching Joe Wright, she insisted we go to Tulsa. (twist my arm) Image Now like your wife, she has us booked for ISGA, my dream trip, 1st time to St Louie. Guess what else - - we now have "her" Sierra "Artist" sitting right next to my Sierra S-10, with the TV/VCR and a stack of Joe Wright videos. Life is "gett'n good'er"
Image Skip T
Jeannie Smith

Post by Jeannie Smith »

I once made a list of my favorite sounds...steel guitar topped it. I first sat up against a stage watching Buddy Charleton July 11, 1964. That was the night my soul became one with the steel guitar. That September, I first heard Buddy Emmons..that was the clincher!! And the list grew from there. Going to Saluda, SC show for the past ten years, I've gotten to enjoy the cream of Nashville's crop! Please see my column and how much I enjoy Johnny Cox! (and of course Joan when she comes to Saluda!)
http://www.vintagejournal.com/index.cgi?template=tpl00&page=justthinking.htm

------------------
JACK HEERN

Post by JACK HEERN »

You might ask Donna Hammitt, Joan Cox,Sarah Jory, Wanda Vick,Lisa Spears,Peggy Emmons and Leslie Elliott for some input on the question. Image Image
jp
Bobby Boggs

Post by Bobby Boggs »

Women who are musicians seem to be much more attracted to the PSG than women who are not musicians.Just my experience. Image -bb
chas smith

Post by chas smith »

I work in the film business, although less now than before. What that means is 16-20hr days and when I first met my 'significant other', 11 years ago, she suggested that I work less and practice my steel more and that I should spend more time writing music. She loves the sound of the steel guitar and she has a Masters degree in Fine Arts. She's the universe rewarding me for having survived living with her predecessor, the "Great White Bitch".
jlsmith48

Post by jlsmith48 »

According to Waylon On Robby Turners "Man of Steel" album, women from Memphis hate steel guitar!!!!!